ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Report - November 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
Football Recruiting

Lenoir (NC) Hibriten ATH Darius Lipford decommitted from Duke and then pulled a switch to North Carolina recently. I talked to Lipford briefly Wednesday evening and he told me that he could possibly still make it to Columbia this weekend to watch Quin Smith play, but it's doubtful that he takes any more visits from what he said.

The defensive back board is narrowing some now; aside from the obvious ones of Chris Davis are the other ones that would be most likely to join the program.

I talked with Florida tight end Will Tye, another prospect whose academics are being monitored.

Notre Dame commitment Kendall Moore is considering taking some visits, and South Carolina was one of the schools that he was heavily interested in when he made his initial decision and is one of the schools that is in the mix to receive one should he decide to go that route. e spoke with the staff very recently but does not have any visits set up as of now. Moore is a guy that USC would still take at linebacker; I'll keep you posted on any further developments.

The only official visit this weekend for the Clemson game is Alabama athlete Chris Davis, and the Gamecock coaching staff would love to have him. He's the kind of guy that the coaches on both sides of the ball might be fighting over when he gets on campus because they believe he could be an excellent defensive back or wide receiver. Davis has said before that he would not rule out committing on an official visits, so it's a possibility this weekend. Auburn is the other major player here, but they don't seem to be on him as much as Carolina.

Obviously, this is a huge game upcoming this weekend for the program for lots of reasons, and there will be a good contingent of recruits in the stands to watch the game. Be sure to check the site for more game notes from Dave, Scott, and everyone before Saturday, including my keys to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News