ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Report - Tuesday, Dec. 30, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Morrell

Jun 1, 1998
Insider Report - December 30th

For continuity reasons, if you have question regarding this report, please use today’s “Ask Tony" thread on The Insiders Forum.

Recruiting Tidbits

I am leaving very early tomorrow morning for Florida, so I am posting Tuesday's Insider Report a bit early.

Carolina is still the team to beat for Tampa (Fla.) Hillsborough running back Lindsey Lamar. As of today, he still plans to visit USF before making his decision, but I can tell you some close to him are pushing for him to go ahead and commit sooner. With USF being in Tampa, he’s already very familiar with their program. He was also recently named first team All-County, which is a big honor in his area of Florida. It’s one of the most competitive districts in arguably the best state for high school football in the country.

According to sources, Rock Hill (S.C.) South Pointe four-star athlete and Gamecock commitment Stephon Gilmore will be named first team Parade All-American, which is one of the most prestigious awards a high school player can receive. From what I’ve heard, he will be the only player from the Carolinas to make the first team. The complete list should be released late next month.

Things look positive for both Chaz Sutton and Ronald Byrd enrolling in January, but it's not a done deal for either as of yet. Once I get final confirmation, I'll let everyone know.

Team Information

I’ve heard the bowl practices have been spirited and the players are having a good time thus far in Tampa. Clearly there are questions to be answered in this game following the way Carolina played against Florida and Clemson, so it’s going to be very interesting to see how the team responds.

As a reminder to those wondering, players who are redshirting can not participate in the bowl game and still redshirt this season.

If you have any news or tips you'd like to share, please send an email to recruiting@gamecockcentral.com
This post was edited on 1/1 3:10 PM by Brian Shoemaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News