ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting comments from Stone Blanton

Kitchenlabs

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
May 20, 2000
LB Stone Blanton (6-2 220) of Madison, MS remains one of the top targets for USC in the 2022 class. He took an official visit to Columbia in June and was back for the Eastern Illinois game in early September. This weekend the Gamecock coaches will get another chance to meet with Blanton as he plans to take in the Palmetto Bowl two days after attending the Egg Bowl between Ole Miss and Mississippi State in Starkville on Thanksgiving night.

The Gamecocks are one of four teams Blanton is still considering along with Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Texas A&M as he eyes a decision before or on December 15th, the first day of the Early Signing Period.

“Nothing really has changed,” Blanton said. “I was really focused on finishing my season up strong (won a 3rd straight state title). Now I get to relax a little bit and focus on my decision. The period when coaches can come see me (starting Sunday) will be real important. I’ll be able to get to see the coaches and get have them come here to where I am, so that will be a good experience.”

Mississippi State is coming in to see Blanton next week, and he said USC will be in the following week. Blanton said the conversations with USC head coach Shane Beamer and defensive coordinator Clayton White remain positive.

“It’s really good,” he said. “I really enjoy getting to talk with coach White and coach Beamer. We talk a good bit, so I really enjoy them, and it’s been good getting to know them.”

Blanton also has been to see games this season at Ole Miss and Mississippi State. He visited Texas A&M last summer. Blanton doesn’t claim a favorite though he’s been a Mississippi State baseball commitment for over two years. But he has said his final commitment will be based strictly on the football side of things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News