ADVERTISEMENT

Is USC recruiting at a high enough level?

dcdayday

Jul 12, 2003
The answer to this question is NO. This is an issue that has been going on for several years now. We all get so excited over the recruiting rankings but if you looked at the 2012-2014 recruiting classes there were several non-qualifiers that would have helped the defensive line if they could've got into school. Also we all know about 2012 WR class. You know the class we signed 3 WR's but none of those kids are on our roster. But also I looked back at that same class and over 13 players from a class of 25 either transferred,didn't contribute or were non-qualifiers. Something has to be done to improve are recruiting approach. I often get criticized for talking up Dabo and the way he recruits. It seems to work with Clemson. Over the years they lose guys like CJ. Spiller, Sammy Watkins and Deandre Hopkins. Then they just have to add pieces here and there because they don't seem to have the overhaul of players like we seem to have. I think we have good coaches but I often felt as though they needed to expand their recruiting efforts nationally and not settle for so many borderline players both athletically and academically. Most fans thought that having guys like Lattimore,Jeffery and Clowney would help elevate recruiting but it seems to have add a limited impact at best. I wonder why? Spoke to a coach from a football power here in Orlando a couple of weeks ago and He said," Clemson seems to have more of a presence here in Florida than South Carolina. Those guys are always here to recruit our players. South Carolina comes by but not as much as Clemson." Smh!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News