ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Brown

A stat nobody has mentioned yet is, we need to do better on 3rd down.i think we only converted 2. lucky for that game , we didn't need to.

Reactions: WingchunCock
A stat nobody has mentioned yet is, we need to do better on 3rd down.i think we only converted 2. lucky for that game , we didn't need to.
Good point. Only 2/12 on 3rd downs. As you said, we were fortunate that it wasn’t a factor in this game, but against a better or a team like Clemson with a better D, it can bite us.

Without putting the ball in jeopardy.
He has a good feel for how and when to throw it away; one of the things that impressed in the spring game. Zebullah usually took a sack.

I'm sure there were one or two but I don't recall any attempted pass incompletions that didn't hit our guy first.

Reactions: Lakecock1
How many fourth downs did we convert? Don't know, just asking. We only punted three times, I know that.

Trivia: in the "Bennett over the top" game in Athens 1993, we were 1-11 on third downs at the start of our last, winning drive. We were 3-3 on third down conversions on that drive.

Having said that, I too would like to see a more adroit, unanticipated approach to shorter third downs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT