ADVERTISEMENT

***Junior Day Saturday Updates (8:50 p.m.)***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
South Carolina’s junior day is today (here is our previously posted list of visitors), and things will be wrapping up in a little while. I will post updates here on returns I get in terms of new offers, what prospects told us about their experiences, etc. We will run several full updates over the next few days.

A new offer to report here is Lithonia (Ga.) MLK LB Jacarthy Mack, a 6-foot-3, 205-pounder. We told you in the visitor list for him to get an offer in-person this weekend.

A couple of 2014 prospects from South Pointe in Rock Hill made the trip. Athlete Josh Massey, who is the son of former UNC football/baseball player Cookie Massey. Additionally, 2014 DT Zeek Rodney was on campus. 2013 ATH Devon Pearson also visited.

I spoke with Rodney, a 6-foot-1, 260-pound sophomore defensive tackle. He said he liked USC’s facilities and thought they were better than Clemson’s. He also said that Lorenzo Ward was taking over as the Rock Hill area recruiter (an area Ellis Johnson previously had). The Gamecocks are Clemson are showing early interest here; USC has the edge. During his sophomore year, Rodney had 99 tackles, 17 tackles for loss, and five sacks.

2014 TE Kalan Ritchie from Goose Creek received an offer. He is a 6-foot-5, 215-pounder. That makes Tramel Terry and Gerald Turner from the 2013 class plus Ritchie and RB Caleb Kinlaw from the 2014 class holding Gamecock offers from the program. All were on campus today.BR>

A little bit more on Ritchie: He’s a 15-year old, but he’s got great feet and that’s what USC liked about him to jump in early. He’s a basketball player and played tight end in Goose Creek’s double tight set.

Another pair of underclassmen prospects from the Palmetto State who were on our list were Saluda’s Dexter Wideman (6-foot-4, 275 pounds) and Kwamelle Barnes (6-foot-4, 265 pounds), both 2014 defensive linemen. Wideman grew up rooting for the Gamecocks and is hearing from USC and Clemson so far. Barnes called the trip “the most amazing day of his life.” Both really liked Brad Lawing’s no-nonsense approach and hearing from Coach Spurrier.

Other prospects from our list we confirmed made it in that we will be trying to catch up with later:

2013 Class:

LB Ben Boulware

DE Tashawn Bower

OL Andy Dodd

DL Michael Hill

RB Donnie Miles

OL Devondre Seymour (son of NFL DL Richard Seymour)

WR Tramel Terry

LB Gerald Turner

2014 Class:

LB Joe Blue

RB Caleb Kinlaw

OL Donnel Stanley

A couple prospects in Joe Robinson’s Georgia territory were on campus today. Offensive lineman Deandre “Moose” Johnson, a 6-foot-3, 310-pounder with a Georgia Tech offer (I’ve heard USC offered but am not 100% sure yet) and DB Brandon Facyson, a 6-foot-2 defender with a Virginia Tech offer. Those guys are from Northgate High in Newnan, Georgia.

2014 OL Bentley Spain from Charlotte (N.C.) Providence is extending his visit and staying for the basketball game tonight against Kentucky.

The 2013 OL I told you would be there from Suwanee (Ga.) North Gwinnett, OL Devondre Seymour, has an offer from the Gamecocks now. He’s the son of NFL DL Richard Seymour. TheUSC also likes his teammate, 2013 RB Donnie Miles.

I also told you in our visitor list to look for Lindale (Ga.) Pepperell OL Andy Dodd from the 2013 class. That has now happened as well. Dodd is from the same school as Gamecock OL Kyle Harris, and cut from the same cloth. Big, tough lineman.

A couple of other guys who made it in were Santee (S.C.) Lake Marion WR Mike Williams as well as Guyton (Ga.) South Effingham RB Joshua Mercer both from the 2013 class. Williams of course has had Clemson and USC offers for a while now and the Gamecocks are evaluating Mercer.

2013 ATH Mykal Moody from Conway visited for junior day. Also, standout LB K.C. Crosby (2014) from Bamberg-Ehrhardt is still on campus taking in the hoops game, among others. Bigtime New Jersey DE Tashawn Bower was also taking in the hoops game

2014 OL Donell Stanley had a good time during Junior Day meeting with other prospects and talking with Shawn Elliott. Stanley seems to have a pretty high opinion of Elliott and wants to continue getting to know him. Right now, his top three in no order is Alabama, Carolina, and Clemson (all have offered). Virginia Tech also recently offered so he’s keeping them under consideration, also.

The new junior LB I told you about, Jacarthy Mack, likes USC and Clemson early. The Gamecocks were his first offer. Clemson and Florida are also showing interest.

I talked to Paul Sutherland, who is Michael Hill’s head coach at Pendleton (S.C.). the 6-foot-2, 315-pound junior defensive tackle made it to campus today for USC’s junior day with his father and had a good time. The visit went well. He’s a very quiet kid. Again, he’s expected to likely stay in-state to play college ball as things stand. He’s visiting Tennessee on March 3.

I spoke with the new junior OL offer I told you about earlier, Lindale (Ga.) Pepperell’s Andy Dodd. He has Duke and South Carolina offers and Clemson, Florida, Alabama, Georgia Tech, and Miss. St. are showing interest. He said he believed USC liked him as a tackle while Clemson and Alabama say guard and Miss. St. likes him as a center. He’s an athletic, tough OL. No leaders at this time, still early for him.

This post was edited on 2/4 8:51 PM by Chris Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News