ADVERTISEMENT

Just had to post this after yesterday's huge win. For you DAD!

THE COACH 23

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2009
THIS ONE'S WAS FOR YOU DAD! I miss you everyday and twice as much on Saturdays if that's even possible. I sure hope you enjoyed the view from you seat. I know it had to be better than mine but it was fun just the same This season has been very emotional and hard on me to say the least being the first year watching Gamecock football without him. Saturday is always the toughest day if the week for me all I do is think about my dad and how he would be getting ready for the game at 7 in the morning even for a 7 o'clock kickoff lol. However after that roller-coaster ride yesterday I just broke down and cried tears of joy one moment thinking about how happy he would've been, and a few sad tears afterwards thinking about how much I miss sharing these moments with him. He and I went to my first game in Athens back in 2003 that I had bought tickets for. He had been to Georgia several times before 2003 being a season ticket holder for 40 plus years but 03 it was my first. I wanted to go because they had barely beat us the year before at Willy-B 13-7 the year before and I wanted to go there and see us get revenge and beat them there. It was kind of a common theme for me and my dad as I got older I wanted to go to every stadium in the SEC we played within the conference and walk out of their stadium a winner. So in 2003 it was Georgia and they put it on us that year. It felt like for years I'd never get to taste victory at that place and the same could be said for Florida as well. We just always seem to blow a FG or extra point that would end up haunting us in the end. So for the next few years I walked out of that place disappointed because SC found some kind of way to blow it. So after that first visit there together I told my dad we were coming back every other year until we get to walk out of this stadium a winner. It took until 2007 a gut wrenching 16-12 victory and I think they missed an extra point early in that game. I can remember it feeling like 110 degrees where our seat were for a 12 noon kickoff. Anyway I could finally cross that off my list and my dad and I really enjoyed that day like no other. I still have the hand towel I took into the came to put over my head because of the heat. When I got home that night I put GA on the towel with a sharpie so I'd always remember finally walking out of that place with my dad a winner after all those years. So yesterday was special indeed for me as all those memories came flooding back to me especially with the blown FG to win it and other things our guys did I thought that would ultimately cost us a game that our Gamecocks where clearly the better team in that day. I'm sure you all know what I mean and how it feels. Like I said that became sort if a tradition for my dad and I going to these rival stadiums m hoping to walk out winners. Some started before 2003 but for Georgia that was the year it started for that one. We would ultimately walked out of Florida and Tennessee a winner as well as those were the other two because back in the late 90s early 2000s they were all three top teams notch teams. There's only one I've never had an opportunity to enjoy a win at and probably never will, but I had always wanted to go to LSU and walk out a winner. However my dad being the fan he was he did something pretty special with me in 94 I think it was. We never took in a game there together because we didn't play them that often but I do remember beating them during yes dare I say the Brad Scott years and my dad said we're going to our meet the boys at the airport and we did. It was crazy fans everywhere and it was like 2 or 3 am in the morning. Man do I have some awesome momories of my wonderful dad and a lot of them yes include the Gamecocks. Anyway I got off topic slightly there but I just wanted to share some of my momories and how great yesterday was for me and my family and it was my mom's birthday on top of that. What a day and what a win. It could be a program changing victory who knows but I do know for now I'm going to enjoy it and hope Ryan's knee gets healthy before next week and we can do it all over again next week. Go Gamecocks! Forever to Thee! Spurs up!

To those who donated to my dads memorial fund for his head stone I'm just 700 short of making it happen but it's coming I promise. Im getting closer everyday as I save. The fundraiser is still up if anyone wants to check it out. You can just ask me for the web address or Google Larry Marshall memorial fund and it should come up on the go fund me page. To those who gave a couple months back I hope to have the 700 by end of November at the latest but hopfully sooner as I continue to save. I've gotten all my information on cost and once I get that 700 their going to start making it and put it in place. They said if I pay 2k down they would get to work on it and I could pay the rest in payments. However I will say this some have told me I'm being charged to much so if anyone knows about these things or of anyone who makes grave stones or markers and they can do a Gamecock with out the block C on it, and you think they could possibly be slightly cheaper and save me some money please let me know who they are if you think they wouldn't mind me calling them. Right now it's going to cost right at 3 thousand maybe slightly more. Anyway I wouldn't be this close without all of your help and prayers. I'm excited because I'm so close to finally making it happen, and I think it's going to be ready for Christmas for me, my mom, and brother to share the joy together. I think it's going to make the pain of our first Christmas without him a little easier if that's possible. So thank you all of you. I will share the pictures of it as soon as it's done like I promised you all back when I first posted the fundraiser. Thanks and may God bless you all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News