ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Kiffin

My choice. Relentless, passionate, hungry, relates to youth. We would win, often. He can win a natty........Then he would leave us a dumpster fire. But you won't care because we will have a shiny trophy. Selling my soul, line starts here.

Have you seen Bama lately??? The dumpster has just started...

He'd be gone if he had any success at all. One thing he has proven is that he can get high profile offers.

Chris Petersen after 2018. His current contract expires the same time the HBC's does, he's only been at Washington since 2014 and IMHO would not 'leave them hanging' having just arrived, he's 50-years old, his boys will be in college by that time insuring their current HS stability - the money lines up as does the challenge ... it's a perfect fit. The guy runs a VERY similar 'program' to SOS; it's clean, his guys get their degrees, they have good character and he WINS. Brilliant offensive mind, very loyal staff - awesome recruiter.

His 1st BCS Bowl win over Oklahoma (w/ Boise ) is still one of the most creative and brilliant 'offensive' performances I've ever witnessed by an obviously out-manned but more determined (and better prepared, better coached) team. A 50-yard 'hook and ladder' TD with < 10-seconds to play after a time out to tie and send to OT; then his 'direct snap' to a WR for a tying TD in OT then his 'statue of liberty' for a 2-point conversion to WIN.

Not ONE but THREE 'trick plays' all of them executed flawlessly to snatch that W from the Sooners and complete his FIRST 'perfect' season - he's had two in 10-years and has the best record in college football over the last decade ... w/ TWO BCS wins against MUCH higher-ranked teams going in, a slew of Top 25 rankings (including several Top 25 - #4 being his highest) and a 5-3 bowl record. WORST season in 12-years as a HC ... 8-wins (twice) - one of those last year his 1st yr. at Washington.

SIGN HIM UP NOW!!! (for 2019).

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
Chris Petersen after 2018. His current contract expires the same time the HBC's does, he's only been at Washington since 2014 and IMHO would not 'leave them hanging' having just arrived, he's 50-years old, his boys will be in college by that time insuring their current HS stability - the money lines up as does the challenge ... it's a perfect fit. The guy runs a VERY similar 'program' to SOS; it's clean, his guys get their degrees, they have good character and he WINS. Brilliant offensive mind, very loyal staff - awesome recruiter.

His 1st BCS Bowl win over Oklahoma (w/ Boise ) is still one of the most creative and brilliant 'offensive' performances I've ever witnessed by an obviously out-manned but more determined (and better prepared, better coached) team. A 50-yard 'hook and ladder' TD with < 10-seconds to play after a time out to tie and send to OT; then his 'direct snap' to a WR for a tying TD in OT then his 'statue of liberty' for a 2-point conversion to WIN.

Not ONE but THREE 'trick plays' all of them executed flawlessly to snatch that W from the Sooners and complete his FIRST 'perfect' season - he's had two in 10-years and has the best record in college football over the last decade ... w/ TWO BCS wins against MUCH higher-ranked teams going in, a slew of Top 25 rankings (including several Top 25 - #4 being his highest) and a 5-3 bowl record. WORST season in 12-years as a HC ... 8-wins (twice) - one of those last year his 1st yr. at Washington.

SIGN HIM UP NOW!!! (for 2019).

At this pace . . . 2019 is a loooooing way away. If we can't fix this by seasons end we need to move now. Heck, at this pace the program could be beyond repairable by 2019.

But yes, I agree that Chris Peterson would be a home run hire.

My choice. Relentless, passionate, hungry, relates to youth. We would win, often. He can win a natty........Then he would leave us a dumpster fire. But you won't care because we will have a shiny trophy. Selling my soul, line starts here.
I personally don't know who would make for the best coach after the HBC decides to hang it up. There are a number of quality guys out there but we need a younger coach with great recruiting ability. I hope we make a solid choice. Tanner really can't afford to mess this one up.

You people have got to be trolling!

The mighty Kiffin is 35-21 [21-16 in conference play] as a college coach.
He is the only coach since 1964 to take a preseason #1 team to an unranked final finish.
That's pretty much the opposite of a Natty, but hey, he's "Relentless, passionate, hungry, and relates to youth."

I am sure Kiffin is wiser for the road he traveled. I think he would be a good fit here. He has the tongue of Spurrier......he has the offensive ability and he can recruit.......he lost his dream job so the next one may well be the one he stays at and works hard for. He can recruit.....in their own words...lol....

The Vols won seven games in 2009, including victories over nationally ranked rivals Georgia and South Carolina. First-year head coach Lane Kiffin was putting the finishing touches on a top five recruiting class, and some of the new players had already arrived on campus as early enrollees.

The future of Tennessee football appeared to be bright. That was all about to change.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...iffin-bolted-tennessee-an-oral-history-072914

0EJ2HtJ.gif

Agreed. Would take him with Ed O as DC anyday. I think some gamecocks fans are actually afraid to win and even to hire a coach who can do it. We need another Joe Mo!

Agreed. Would take him with Ed O as DC anyday. I think some gamecocks fans are actually afraid to win and even to hire a coach who can do it. We need another Joe Mo!

I would have to disagree with this statement. Not sure why you say it, considering all the recent backlash from losing 2 games.

Not in a million years! There's a reason he's been fired so many times...he sucks. He has zero class, no morals, and no character. Bottom line is he's not worthy of representing the University of South Carolina.

He couldn't win at the other USC despite all of their built-in recruiting advantages. Plus, do you really want to have to root for that guy?

You people have got to be trolling!

The mighty Kiffin is 35-21 [21-16 in conference play] as a college coach.
He is the only coach since 1964 to take a preseason #1 team to an unranked final finish.
That's pretty much the opposite of a Natty, but hey, he's "Relentless, passionate, hungry, and relates to youth."

He's been groomed for bama. He looks like bama.

You must be trolling. Because nobody is this stupid.

Were you around when Joe Mo was coach?

I was, and I can tell you there were a LOT of people ready to run him out of town on a rail before he died. I loved Coach Morrison's personality and what he did for the program, but if you want to talk about success, Coach Morrison's success at Carolina is hardly the standard of expectation that is upon us now.

I would take him. His team at IT played real intense and kicked our arse. They beat us up. I am glad he left.

I was, and I can tell you there were a LOT of people ready to run him out of town on a rail before he died. I loved Coach Morrison's personality and what he did for the program, but if you want to talk about success, Coach Morrison's success at Carolina is hardly the standard of expectation that is upon us now.

Not trying to start an argument, but give me some examples of why people wanted to run him out of town. The steroid scandal? Was he losing control of the program? Regardless, Joe Morrison had us much closer to a NC than Spurrier. Spurrier never had a 9-0 undefeated South Carolina team going into the last 2 games of the season.

Spurrier had much more talent and had them competing at a much higher level in the SEC from '09 to '13, but he always lost before we won game 7. Sure, Morrison lost to Navy. But Spurrier lost to a weak Auburn team in '11 and a weak Tenn team in '13.

No, not trolling.

The college win percentage would be banner worthy at USC.

I get it, he is a loose cannon, he also failed at his dream job, and at one point insulted our program with the gas pumping comment. He is an easy target. In the same breath two of the premiere football programs (SoCal / Bama) in the country took a shot with him, so maybe I am not that far off in the suggestion.

Go easy on the "stupid" insults, no need to go there.

Not trying to start an argument, but give me some examples of why people wanted to run him out of town. The steroid scandal? Was he losing control of the program? Regardless, Joe Morrison had us much closer to a NC than Spurrier. Spurrier never had a 9-0 undefeated South Carolina team going into the last 2 games of the season.

Spurrier had much more talent and had them competing at a much higher level in the SEC from '09 to '13, but he always lost before we won game 7. Sure, Morrison lost to Navy. But Spurrier lost to a weak Auburn team in '11 and a weak Tenn team in '13.
Joe Morrison fan here....Morrison did not...I repeat, he did not have us closer to a national championship than Spurrier. Just because Spurrier's losses came at the beginning or the middle of the season and Morrison's came at the end of the season they had the same results. We finished in the top 10 3 years in a row....we never did under Morrison. We finished No.4......that is the closest we have come to winning a national championship.

Lane Kiffin is scum. He is a horrible head coach. Half the guys we recruit would wind up in jail. Also he insulted our program, and then try to lie about it. Alshon ratted him out.

Is that you, Lane?!
Spurrier backed his talk up with lots of WINNING.
...not being a disloyal, arrogant, and ineffective coach who only found employment through good bloodlines.

I would bet you a million dollars you would have said the same damn thing about Spurrier when he was at Florida....word for word.....you people amaze me.

Is that you, Lane?!
Spurrier backed his talk up with lots of WINNING.
...not being a disloyal, arrogant, and ineffective coach who only found employment through good bloodlines.
That is true and I'll give you that....but there is never going to be another Spurrier. I think Kiffin would be a great pick....regardless.....I don't have to like him, I just want him to take the program to the next level. He would be an instant draw for recruits....and the media would follow him like a puppy. daybo would crap in his pants as would most coaches in the SEC. They don't want to go against him recruiting or otherwise....

No, not trolling.

The college win percentage would be banner worthy at USC.

I get it, he is a loose cannon, he also failed at his dream job, and at one point insulted our program with the gas pumping comment. He is an easy target. In the same breath two of the premiere football programs (SoCal / Bama) in the country took a shot with him, so maybe I am not that far off in the suggestion.

Go easy on the "stupid" insults, no need to go there.

There's not a rational fan of USC that would want that punk, lying, classless, very average coach gracing our sidelines.
Just let it go. He will never coach here.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
When has Kiffin ever been good? Only when was coaching as an assistant under Pete Carroll and Nick Saban. Two guys that know to be in charge of a football team. Wherever he has been as head coach his team has been garbage. He also carries NCAA violation concerns. He recruits and fosters players with bad attitudes and discipline issues.

Reactions: usc1855

Born in '75 so yes, I was around for Jo Mo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT