ADVERTISEMENT

***Late night notes (confidence on picks, Dioubate)***

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
1017%5C1786853.png

If you missed my earlier report breaking down targets prior to signing day, check here:

- I mentioned in that linked update that USC had the edge for WRs Korey Banks and Randrecous Davis (although Miami was making it close), plus DTs Stephon Taylor and Aaron Thompson.

- I still feel confident about USC's chances to land Banks, Taylor, and Thompson tomorrow.

- I would also pick USC for Davis, but I'll caution that information from multiple sources indicates that as of Monday night that he was leaning again towards Miami. Bryan McClendon has a very good relationship with Davis and was able to swing it back in USC's direction on Tuesday. USC has been working the ebbs and flows on this one, but looks poised to be able to hang on through Wednesday as of this writing.

- On Karamo Dioubate - to match his personality, he's kept this one extremely quiet. I've been told that he's consulting with some people close to him tonight. As of earlier on Tuesday, his plan was to have a resolution as to where he would sign by lunchtime on signing day. USC has worked this situation hard and has a legitimate shot. Nobody is sure at all on this one. I will say I feel better about USC's chances than yesterday, but still just unsure as to what the final pick will be here. I say South Carolina or Temple, still.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News