ADVERTISEMENT

(Link) Venables says, “I wont recruit Clemson commitments.” Then silently enrolls a Clemson commit to Oklahoma.

He didn’t recruit him the kid wanted to follow him. There is a reason he never publicly decommited from Clemson till today. This decision was made weeks ago.
Well, even so, Clemson and Dabo are stupider than I thought if they put much stock going foreword into this “good faith promise” Venebles supposedly made to promise to never ever ever ever go after a recruit that dear Dabo wanted. Venebles is being paid by Oklahoma now, they don’t give two damns who Dabo wants or doesn’t want, they hired BV to do a job. Dabo better get his head out of his ass and get with how recruiting has changed in the last few years.

Well, even so, Clemson and Dabo are stupider than I thought if they put much stock going foreword into this “good faith promise” Venebles supposedly made to promise to never ever ever ever go after a recruit that dear Dabo wanted. Venebles is being paid by Oklahoma now, they don’t give two damns who Dabo wants or doesn’t want, they hired BV to do a job. Dabo better get his head out of his ass and get with how recruiting has changed in the last few years.

Your sorely mistaken on their arrangement. Future players are fair game. The point is not to hurt Clemson on the way out the door by there being a mass exit. No one said anything about future recruits. Get a grip dude.

Your sorely mistaken on their arrangement. Future players are fair game. The point is not to hurt Clemson on the way out the door by there being a mass exit. No one said anything about future recruits. Get a grip dude.
It’s still a stupid “agreement”. It’s like Dabo ranting against transfer portal and no one else seems to care, they’re using it.

It’s still a stupid “agreement”. It’s like Dabo ranting against transfer portal and no one else seems to care, they’re using it.
It’s called respect. They are not the first to do it. Similar situations happen in the business world all the time.

Don’t argue with that but obviously Venables begs to differ.
I think once BV realizes the magnitude of the job he’s in he won’t do Dabo anymore favors. This isn’t like Scott taking off to USF, Oklahoma doesn’t care about old friendships and agreements, they own BV now and he better do what it takes to win.

I think once BV realizes the magnitude of the job he’s in he won’t do Dabo anymore favors. This isn’t like Scott taking off to USF, Oklahoma doesn’t care about old friendships and agreements, they own BV now and he better do what it takes to win.

He has already taken recruits that were next on l Clemson’s board. Spots that Clemson desperately needs depth in. I’m pretty sure he will be just fine.

Baby Scott and USF now have the #1 rated transfer portal class. And, 3 of the 14 incoming transfers are former Clemson players. Seems to me that many of the recruits and former players weren't 'All In' with Dabo, but loved his coordinators.

Still think things will get uglier up there.

Last edited:
Well, regardless of what BV is or is not doing, there is already a mass exodus at Moo U. #ClemExit

Reactions: PC31 and Lakecock1
If you believe that all college head coaches are paragons of honor, morality, and virtue, then you are bound to get a rude awakening. If a talented blue chipper is knocking on his door to enroll in his school, do you think any head coach will turn down that opportunity despite what he previously said to the media? HELL NO!!!

If you believe that all college head coaches are paragons of honor, morality, and virtue, then you are bound to get a rude awakening. If a talented blue chipper is knocking on his door to enroll in his school, do you think any head coach will turn down that opportunity despite what he previously said to the media? HELL NO!!!
No one is saying everyone would do what Venables is doing. Proof is in the pudding. Just look at the Kanak situation

I think one needs to make a distinction between the coach knocking on the door and the student/parent knocking.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Well, if he was a take to clemzon and wanted to play for Venables, he's a take. Just common sense. If he wasn't going to play for clemson anyway...

No one is saying everyone would do what Venables is doing. Proof is in the pudding. Just look at the Kanak situation
Seeing the name "Boom" here is sickening.

Especially seven times in this thread.

Bad memories of the broad breasted slob.

Go Cocks!

Reactions: Gradstudent
I mean, if a kid wants to follow him, instead of him enticing the kid, then it wouldn't be a lie.
I got no issue with the guy going to OU if he wants to follow BV. Only issue I had with the entire thing was the shady way it all went down. If you want to change schools then man up and tell the Clemson coaches you want to decommit. Dont enroll at OU in the DL then only speak up and decommit after someone outed you. Granted, he may have gotten bad advice from an adult on how to handle this.

Reactions: Bleadgandb3334
If that’s the case some would probably want me to change it to beamer4life, lol.
A disturbing amount would seem to prefer he lose than be our coach and then accuse us of being Beamer homers for praising what's he's already done. I want any coach that'll get us a winner and see nothing but signs in that direction through his tenure this far.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
I got no issue with the guy going to OU if he wants to follow BV. Only issue I had with the entire thing was the shady way it all went down. If you want to change schools then man up and tell the Clemson coaches you want to decommit. Dont enroll at OU in the DL then only speak up and decommit after someone outed you. Granted, he may have gotten bad advice from an adult on how to handle this.
Meh, he's a kid and the title of this thread dictated the issue was with Venables. It's a stupid and inconsiderate thing to do and he needs to show more professionalism while handling professional things, but ultimately this is exactly the level of cowardly and inconsiderate behavior I'd expect from the average 18yo.

Baby Scott and USF now have the #1 rated transfer portal class. And, 3 of the 14 incoming transfers are former Clemson players. Seems to me that many of the recruits and former players weren't 'All In' with Dabo, but loved his coordinators.

Still think things will get uglier up there.
I don’t know a single Clemson fan who does not realize things have changed, and not for the better. They expect things to continue to get worse. In my opinion Dabo will not be coach at Clemson 2 years from now. Hope they hire from within again.

Reactions: Lakecock1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT