ADVERTISEMENT

LIVE: Gamecock Central Early Signing Day Scoop... (Gwyn signs)

W

Wes Mitchell

College football's first ever Early Signing Period is upon us, a three-day window running from 7 a.m. Wednesday through Friday when prospects can go ahead and sign their national letters of intent.

Chris Clark and I will update this thread with the latest scoop, commitments and signings.

THE LATEST...

** Jovaughn Gwyn has signed with South Carolina.

** LB Rosendo Louis has officially sent in his letter of intent as well. Jonathan Gipson also ended up signing with Carolina after all.

** There's some chatter out there that four-star offensive lineman Jovaughn Gwyn could decide to not sign today and wait until later in the process, but we've been told there's no definitive answer on that one way or the other.

We also hear that Gwyn has gone very quiet and there's very little news coming out of his camp right now.

Obviously, we'll post more as soon as we get it.

** Jaycee Horn has signed with the Gamecocks. Jarrett Jackson has signed with Louisville. At this point, we're just waiting on Israel Mukuamu to sign (could be Friday) and for a decision from Jovaughn Gwyn. Muschamp will speak with the media at 4:00.

Video of Horn discussing his decision: https://southcarolina.rivals.com/ne...-jaycee-horn-discusses-signing-with-gamecocks

** Rosendo Louis has committed to South Carolina and signs with the Gamecocks

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/linebacker-rosendo-louis-flips-commit-to-gamecocks

** Running live updates on Rosendo Louis' announcement ceremony here: https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/live-updates-rosendo-louis-signing-ceremony

Kingsley Enagbare and Darius Rush have now signed as well.

** Talked to another source in south Florida who said the word in the area is that Rosendo Louis is going to sign with South Carolina. I won't feel completely comfortable with it until he actually announces it, but that's where everything I've gathered is leading me and I'd predict the Gamecocks for Louis at this point.

As for Jarrett Jackson, I continue to hear that there's complete confidence on the Louisville side and less confidence from the Carolina end this morning. Combine that with the fact that Jackson was supposed to let the school he's attending know Monday or Tuesday and my gut feeling is that he will sign with Louisville.

As always, I'll keep you guys and gals updated if I hear anymore.

** Quick update on four-star OL Jovaughn Gwyn - a source tells me that he hasn't sent in his letter anywhere quite yet. As I've mentioned, his high school is not in session today so Gwyn's just hanging out at home. (Chris)

** Dakereon Joyner and Maxwell Iyama have sent their NLIs in.

** Gamecocks have received letters of intent from Wyatt Campbell, Jabari Ellis, Jesus Gibbs, Tyquan Johnson, Ernest Jones, Hank Manos, Lavonte Valentine, Deshaun Fenwick and Tyreek Johnson.

** Four-star WR Josh Vann has sent in his National Letter of Intent.

** Cane Bay DB RJ Roderick is the first to send in his NLI.

---------------------------------------------------

Final Tuesday night update on targets

Rosendo Louis...

Tuesday late night update:
While we were unable to get final word Tuesday night on the result of Louis' final sitdown to try to finalize his decision, two sources local to Louis believe that he will flip from Florida State and sign with the Gamecocks. I also received even more positive feedback from Louis' official visit over the weekend that led me to believe he wants to be in Columbia. This is one that we will also have to track to the end, but if I had to make a prediction right now, it would be for the Gamecocks.

Announcement time: 11:45 a.m.

Jarrett Jackson...

Tuesday late night update: I had hoped to have more for y'all tonight here, but I haven't received much word out of Jackson's camp since earlier in the day. I'm still hearing that there's confidence from both the Louisville and South Carolina side and I could see this one going either way.

Original update: This one has come down to the wire and frankly there's confidence from both the South Carolina and Louisville end.

I picked up some info Monday night that had me close to projecting Jackson to the Gamecocks' class again, but then early this afternoon, I've been told that the Louisville staff is extremely confident too.

My understanding is that Jackson actually came to his final decision last night and is going to let both coaching staffs know his decision today, so I should have a better feel later on today.

I'm not trying to talk in circles to y'all but when there's well-sourced confidence from both sides, I'm going to just tell y'all that.

Announcement time:
1:30 p.m.

Jovaughn Gwyn...

9:30 update (Chris) -
The latest word I'm getting is that there is not really a specifically scheduled announcement or signing time for Gwyn on Wednesday.

The indications I have are still positive for South Carolina, and that would be my pick. All the information I have leads me to believe that he plans on signing Wednesday. The first official word we get of it may indeed be USC announcing it, or if Gwyn chooses to roll something on his own. Harding, where Gwyn attends high school, is not in session on Wednesday, so there won't be any type of ceremony there.

Announcement time: ?

South Carolina commitments who have signed

Summerville (S.C.) Cane Bay S R.J. Roderick (EE)

Tucker (Ga.) four-star WR Josh Vann -

Chapin (S.C.) three-star OL Hank Manos (EE) -

Waycross (Ga.) Ware County three-star LB Ernest Jones (EE)

Georgia Military College three-star DT Jabari Ellis

Melbourne (Fla.) Central Catholic three-star RB Lavonte Valentine (EE)

Elgin (S.C.) Lugoff-Elgin three-star OL Wyatt Campbell (EE)

Bradenton (Fla.) Braden River three-star RB Deshaun Fenwick (EE)

Sylvania (Ga.) Screven County three-star WR Tyquan Johnson

Sumter (S.C.) Lakewood three-star DE Tyreek Johnson (EE)

Dumfries (Va.) Potamac three-star OL/DL Jesus Gibbs

North Charleston (S.C.) Fort Dorchester four-star QB Dakereon Joyner (EE)

Murfreesboro (Tenn.) Siegel four-star OL Maxwell Iyama (EE)

Greeleyville (S.C.) C.E. Murray three-star ATH Darius Rush (EE)

Atlanta (Ga.) Hapeville three-star DE Kingsley Enagbare (EE)

Alpharetta (Ga.) four-star CB Jaycee Horn

South Carolina commitments expected to sign today

Bossier City (La.) Parkway three-star S Israel Mukuamu (EE) - 3:30 p.m. Friday

EE - Early enrollee who will enroll at South Carolina in January

| Commit list | Rivals.com Rankings |

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews