ADVERTISEMENT

Live updates: Shane Beamer post game press conference

M

Michael Sauls

Per usual you can follow along here for live updates of Beamer's post game presser. I'll have it updated as frequently as possible (typically after each question) and will edit for grammar and clarity after.

--

-"Congrats to Clemson they obviously played great...especially defensively."

-"They played lights out defensively...there's a reason they held Georgia to three points in that first game (with the exception of the ST TD)...that was the defense we saw."

-"I want to apologize to our fans for that performance...the electricity and energy in the stadium was amazing...the fans were amazing...sorry we didn't play better for you."

-"We're not gonna let one game define this group...thank god we're bowl eligible, that's another accomplishment...need to get better and improve this is just the beginning of Carolina football, we're not going anywhere."

-"Got off to a horrific start, not good football...way too many mistakes offensively and defensively."

-Missed the rest of the quote but at one point he said: "Not into moral victories."

-Asked about coaching staff changes: "Come on I just walked off the field...we'll evaluate the team after the season like normal...I'm most excited about hitting the road to recruit tomorrow."

-More of Beamer on Clemson: "They're really really good...they do a great job with coaching and it showed tonight."

-Beamer on not kicking the FG on the last drive: "...probably should have for Parker...I know we don't want to get shutout but we aren't going to kick field goal just to lose 30-3." Mentioned that in the moment he wasn't really thinking about it.

-Beamer on Clemson D: "One of the best defenses in the country and they showed it tonight...really liked our plan going in...felt good going into it...couldn't execute our offense because of field positions and we need to get out of those positions...we didn't help ourselves, too many self inflicting mistakes."

-"The bowl is going to be great for us to get our team better...it's great we get to go to a bowl game because it's basically like an extra spring practice..."

-Beamer said the seniors "have completely changed Carolina football in one year."

-"The future's bright...nights like these stink really really bad...but the future is bright. "

-"I thought our defense was good...going into it we wanted to stop the run...we didn't do a good enough job of that...didn't do a great job of just staying in our gaps...didn't do a great job of tackling...thought they played better as the game went on."

-"We wanted to make the quarterback beat us...I thought our DB's made great plays."

-Beamer on the logistics of recruiting out of the portal: "Transfer portal is sorta on going...there are guys that are in there now that we're recruiting and I'm sure there are players that could pop in that we could like."

-"Nobody's happy about the performance tonight...to the fans I'm sorry again but we're not going anywhere."

-Beamer on what six wins and a bowl game opportunity means: "I think it speaks volume about our kids...the defense continued to go out there and battle, the offense wasn't pretty but kept battling."

-Beamer talked about how the team had a good performance against Florida then a "so-so" performance Missouri and then did the same thing this week against Clemson after the Auburn win. It boils down to him saying "...we just need to be consistent."

--That's a wrap (11:18)--

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News