ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Todd Bates is following Venebles to OU!

That’s the rumor. I don’t see it. Venables has already hired his DC, it would be a lateral move and dabo moved him to second in command as assistant head coach.

That’s the rumor. I don’t see it. Venables has already hired his DC, it would be a lateral move and dabo moved him to second in command as assistant head coach.
According to multiple reports, Todd Bates, with the Tigers since 2017, is leaving to join Brent Venables' staff at Oklahoma as co-defensive coordinator alongside former Clemson defensive analyst Ted Roof.

According to multiple reports, Todd Bates, with the Tigers since 2017, is leaving to join Brent Venables' staff at Oklahoma as co-defensive coordinator alongside former Clemson defensive analyst Ted Roof.
Yeah I take it back. I saw some rumblings about it last night but did not realize it had progressed that much this morning.

Pickens is pretty, OKC not so much. Seems $$ shouldn't be a factor.

Wondered if it’s career tract. He just got passed up for dc by Dabo.
Racist promoted a ‘rain man’ type 35 year old white kid that, by the looks of him, might have been in a school band, but never a football player. Just a thought that Bates, a former player, with coaching experience, might have felt slighted somewhat by Blabo’s move? I could see this as an issue!!

Who is the next letterman to get a position coach hiring ‘upthar’?

RB - Spiller
OC - Streeter
OL - Austin
WR - Grisham

DL - The Fridge, Michael Dean Perry, other candidates? Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: chief2791 and PC31
Racist promoted a ‘rain man’ type 35 year old white kid that, by the looks of him, might have been in a school band, but never a football player. Just a thought that Bates, a former player, with coaching experience, might have felt slighted somewhat by Blabo’s move? I could see this as an issue!!

Who is the next letterman to get a position coach position ‘upthar’?

RB - Spiller
OC - Streeter
OL - Austin
WR - Grisham

Racist???🙄😕🤔😂🙄

Who is the next letterman to get a position coach position ‘upthar’?

RB - Spiller
OC - Streeter
OL - Austin
WR - Grisham

I hate to tell you but if dabo didn’t hire Goodwin as DC, Venables was going to take him to be his DC. Multiple coaches have faith in Goodwin so I don’t buy the “rain man” theory.

Racist???🙄😕🤔😂🙄
Overlooked a very experienced, former major college player at DL/DL coach, Black man, to hire ‘Leave It To Beaver’ as the DC there?? That kid never sniffed a football field as a player. Pop Warner perhaps?

I’m not saying Blabo is a racist, but could be an assumption, don’t you think, based on the situation. Bates left CU for a reason! Could be money, could be he was PISSED! The way Moo U throws money at football assistants, you’d think money wasn’t an issue? CU Defense looked ok vs Iowa State, but they were missing their best RB, who opted out of the Cheezit Bowl.

• Haha
Reactions: Cybercock
Evidently Goodwin and Mickey Conn were name co-defensive coordinators.

And Bates had just recieved a new 3-year contract at $750K per year at CU.

Interesting things happening up there.

Overlooked a very experienced, former major college player at DL/DL coach, Black man, to hire ‘Leave It To Beaver’ as the DC there?? That kid never sniffed a football field as a player. Pop Warner perhaps?

I’m not saying Blabo is a racist, but could be an assumption, don’t you think, based on the situation. Bates left CU for a reason! Could be money, could be he was PISSED! The way Moo U throws money at football assistants, you’d think money wasn’t an issue? CU Defense looked ok vs Iowa State, but they were missing their best RB, who opted out of the Cheezit Bowl.
Wow! Lmao! You basically called him a racist!

That had to be a very divided locker room. We all knew who was the MVP of that teams program. At least Venebles played it out long enough to get through the taters bowl game.

writing on the wall, proves the greatness of Saban at maintaining excellence
i honestly thought their CB coach was going to leave next but oh well

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
I’m not going to believe the wheels are coming off up there until I see it. Feels like a bit of premature celebration in here to me……
That being said, here’s hoping to them having a 5-7 season in a few years!

writing on the wall, proves the greatness of Saban at maintaining excellence
i honestly thought their CB coach was going to leave next but oh well
May not be over yet….Dabo still gets to make a Dabo-like decision. You don’t think the baby-AD is going to challenge the 2X NC coach.

I’ll just munch my popcorn. 🤣

Hey, Somebody had to play the race card. Surprised?
I’m hardly the person that would play the race card. If you had reading comprehension, you’d understand that this COULD be construed as racist based on the fuked up society we live in now, where everything is about race. That was my point. Nice try though

I’m hardly the person that would play the race card. If you had reading comprehension, you’d understand that this COULD be construed as racist based on the fuked up society we live in now, where everything is about race. That was my point. Nice try though
No one brought up race except you. Sometimes decisions are based on something besides race. Honestly

I’m not saying Blabo is a racist, but could be an assumption, don’t you think, based on the situation.

Actually, you specifically called him a racist.

Racist promoted a ‘rain man’ type 35 year old white kid that, by the looks of him, might have been in a school band, but never a football player

If you really wanted to say other people would try to make it about race, you worded it completely wrong.

Actually, you specifically called him a racist.

Racist promoted a ‘rain man’ type 35 year old white kid that, by the looks of him, might have been in a school band, but never a football player

If you really wanted to say other people would try to make it about race, you worded it completely wrong.
I should have placed a question mark behind RACIST. Implying that Dabo could have that question raised about him, based on the situation. I mean, people on this site, sight Ben Pitchfork Tillman all the time in reference to CU’s affiliation with him. Tillman, elected Governor of SC was an avowed racist.

You know the KKKLEMPSUN type crap we’ve all seen on GC. If you haven’t, you ain’t been around here long enough.

I don’t necessarily believe Dabo is racist, but race is often interjected into coaching hires in situations like this. Dabo did try to retain Bates by naming him an assistant head coach. Obviously wasn’t enough for Bates to keep hanging his hat in Hooterville, SC...

Oh I agree that people try to insert race into too much.

But you're right, a question mark or something was needed. Because it just looked like a statement.

Compared to what?
Compared to just about every city of similar size in the US. To each his own, I guess. I'm more of a small town guy anyway, but if I had to live in a "biggish" city, OKC would be near the top of my list. If it had mountains nearby and a lower risk of tornadoes, it might be at the top.

I was really shocked to learn that Venable's get back guy did not follow him to OU, I thought they were tight? But he instead went to Virginia, at least he left Clemson to, :)

06f2a0d4-476b-4df4-acf9-c43561c21eb6-clemson_get_back_guy_2.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT