ADVERTISEMENT

Might have a losing re ord this year...

mdsalt2004

Jun 1, 2006
In baseball. Team is not very good. Shutout by NC a&t...unacceptable. might lose 20 games in conference. Perez, neville, and callil need to go back to juco and learn how to hit. Pitching staff is mediocre at best. We don't field very well. Damn, i always look forward to baseball season, but this is garbage they are putting out there.

Hey football is getting better - schedule brutal as we know. Still optimistic about men`s BB, women will be great again. I know we need to give Kingston time, I think he will do the job, but it will take a while. We don`t have as much talent as we did last year, it appears. It happens though - couldn`t believe Florida is 1-5 in SEC also. We just have to be patient, which is difficult. No way to spin loss tonight other than pitching must have been good.

Reactions: rogue cock
Kingston is only in his 2nd year...but I can say, other than beating Clemson, it’s started about as bad as it could.

I know we are missing some key players, but I’m not sure they were guarantees to help. I’m concerned about having such a young pitching coach like Skyler Meade...and our pitching isn’t performing. Of course that wasn’t the issue as much tonight. We should never lose to NC A&T...even in baseball. Never.

Kingston is only in his 2nd year...but I can say, other than beating Clemson, it’s started about as bad as it could.

I know we are missing some key players, but I’m not sure they were guarantees to help. I’m concerned about having such a young pitching coach like Skyler Meade...and our pitching isn’t performing. Of course that wasn’t the issue as much tonight. We should never lose to NC A&T...even in baseball. Never.
Francis Marion... it's baseball. To even question the coach at this point is just being impatient.

In baseball. Team is not very good. Shutout by NC a&t...unacceptable. might lose 20 games in conference. Perez, neville, and callil need to go back to juco and learn how to hit. Pitching staff is mediocre at best. We don't field very well. Damn, i always look forward to baseball season, but this is garbage they are putting out there.
For those who want to beat Clemson all else be damned - this is what that feels like.

In all fairness to pitching, we're down 3 starters, a closer and have 2 more experiencing arm issues. That's 6 alone. But as I said the other day, the defense behind the young guys MUST improve to help with their confidence. I've seen good things from the young arms, but then the defense boots routine plays too much.

Last edited:
Not sure what can be gained by complaining about pitching. Don't think we have any choice but to be patient there. And I could live with an error or two if we had a lineup full of hitters. That's not working out too well tho. But what i'm really having a hard time accepting is our approach in the box and the hitting that it produces. We look bad. I mean real bad... enough that nearly every team we play seems to have a better offensive plan than we do. Not sure how long we are supposed to accept that. I am at a loss other than to say I hope the next week is better than the last.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Not sure what can be gained by complaining about pitching. Don't think we have any choice but to be patient there. And I could live with an error or two if we had a lineup full of hitters. That's not working out too well tho. But what i'm really having a hard time accepting is our approach in the box and the hitting that it produces. We look bad. I mean real bad... enough that nearly every team we play seems to have a better offensive plan than we do. Not sure how long we are supposed to accept that. I am at a loss other than to say I hope the next week is better than the last.
If I'm not mistaken it's a lot of the younger players that seem to be less disciplined at the plate. We have 4/5 players who seem to tighten up their swing with 2 strikes. It can take a little time to change a player's approach at the plate and have them comfortable with it. It's kind of like changing your golf swing.

If I'm not mistaken it's a lot of the younger players that seem to be less disciplined at the plate. We have 4/5 players who seem to tighten up their swing with 2 strikes. It can take a little time to change a player's approach at the plate and have them comfortable with it. It's kind of like changing your golf swing.
I don't disagree. Although we do have some issues with the older guys as well. But to your point, kinda makes me wonder exactly what Kingston is looking for when he recruits these guys. Seems you would be happy to sign a guy you had to tweak. Not so much for a guy you have to change. Either way tho, the staff has their work cut out for them for sure. It will be interesting to see if they can make it work.

Reactions: rogue cock
Sucks to say, but between what's left of our pitching, our crappy fielding and hitting, we're not good at much of anything right now.

OT: Not to hijack the thread, but can someone explain why our stadium guy plays Ice Ice Baby when our batters strike out? :confused:

In all fairness to pitching, we're down 3 starters, a closer and have 2 more experiencing arm issues. That's 6 alone. But as I said the other day, the defense behind the young guys MUST improve to help with their confidence. I've seen good things from the young arms, but then the defense boots routine plays too much.

Football - Defense decimated by injuries.

Basketball - Decimated by injuries.

Baseball - Decimated by injuries.

WTF?

Sucks to say, but between what's left of our pitching, our crappy fielding and hitting, we're not good at much of anything right now.

OT: Not to hijack the thread, but can someone explain why our stadium guy plays Ice Ice Baby when our batters strike out? :confused:
Is it possible that you might be thinking of times when someone Ks and they are followed in the lineup by Eyster? That's his walkup music, and that is the only time I've heard it played.

Football - Defense decimated by injuries.

Basketball - Decimated by injuries.

Baseball - Decimated by injuries.

WTF?

It's a bit different when you actually start the season with men down, as we did in baseball. Most of us knew with the losses to our pitchers that it could be a LONG season. Right now the one that hurts the most is Carmen. I can speak from experience. Breaking your 5th metatarsal is just a freak thing that happens.

Everyone wants to blame the S&C coaches when injuries happen. Most of the defense injuries in football were lower leg/ankle/foot. No amount of S&C can prevent those.

Basketball - Lawson's injury - see above.

It's a bit different when you actually start the season with men down, as we did in baseball. Most of us knew with the losses to our pitchers that it could be a LONG season. Right now the one that hurts the most is Carmen. I can speak from experience. Breaking your 5th metatarsal is just a freak thing that happens.

Everyone wants to blame the S&C coaches when injuries happen. Most of the defense injuries in football were lower leg/ankle/foot. No amount of S&C can prevent those.

Basketball - Lawson's injury - see above.
I dont disagree, HOWEVER, something else is wrong with this team. You would think a Storied program like this could go deep enough to beat NC A&T.. (Just mentioned that team because it is latest and most demoralizing defeat) and be able to win at least ONE at home in an SEC season opening series..

Is it possible that you might be thinking of times when someone Ks and they are followed in the lineup by Eyster? That's his walkup music, and that is the only time I've heard it played.
It is possible. It's just immediately after a K, before his name is announced.

I dont disagree, HOWEVER, something else is wrong with this team. You would think a Storied program like this could go deep enough to beat NC A&T.. (Just mentioned that team because it is latest and most demoralizing defeat) and be able to win at least ONE at home in an SEC season opening series..
History doesn't play the ball games. As I mentioned yesterday, I think it's well within reason to compare what CMK is starting with this year, as far as the actual team, is a lot closer to what CRT started with in 1997. Last year was an anomaly. Those guys wanted to prove it wasn't them that was the issue, if you get my meaning. But this year is very comparable to 1997, IMO. Especially as we get more into the season, and what I'm seeing unfold. I like what I see in CMK. I think there are some tendencies that he may need to adjust a little, just as CRT had to. But overall, I think he will do well.

History doesn't play the ball games. As I mentioned yesterday, I think it's well within reason to compare what CMK is starting with this year, as far as the actual team, is a lot closer to what CRT started with in 1997. Last year was an anomaly. Those guys wanted to prove it wasn't them that was the issue, if you get my meaning. But this year is very comparable to 1997, IMO. Especially as we get more into the season, and what I'm seeing unfold. I like what I see in CMK. I think there are some tendencies that he may need to adjust a little, just as CRT had to. But overall, I think he will do well.

My point is, ALL these excuses, okay okay, they work when you get Swept at home by a Good Georgia team, and it even works a little when you get get beat at UT.... But IMO, no way that the University of SC should get shutout and 3 hit a to NC A&T "mid week" pitcher, score 2 miserable runs on 5 hits against a NOT GOOD Gardner Webb team's mid week pitcher... I would certainly hope that the Cocks "2nd string" players are better than that. Are the Back ups that bad?? I would think something else is wrong, is it the HC?? the Assistants?? the Recruiting??? But hey, that is just my Opinion

My point is, ALL these excuses, okay okay, they work when you get Swept at home by a Good Georgia team, and it even works a little when you get get beat at UT.... But IMO, no way that the University of SC should get shutout and 3 hit a to NC A&T "mid week" pitcher, score 2 miserable runs on 5 hits against a NOT GOOD Gardner Webb team's mid week pitcher... I would certainly hope that the Cocks "2nd string" players are better than that. Are the Back ups that bad?? I would think something else is wrong, is it the HC?? the Assistants?? the Recruiting??? But hey, that is just my Opinion
It probably shouldn't happen, but it did. Just have to put it behind us and move on. Dwelling on that doesn't do anyone any good. I guess my point is knowing what we are dealing with (yes, still the after effects of the CH debacle) I'm not as upset about it as I would have been in 2011/2012.

Last edited:
It probably shouldn't happen, but it did. Just have to put it behind us and move on. Dwelling on that doesn't do anyone any good. I guess my point it knowing what we are dealing with (yes, still the after effects of the CH debacle) I'm not as upset about it as I would have been in 2011/2012.
giphy.gif

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
I'm tired of excuses. Injuries, youth, getting our players in place, whatever else. These guys are getting paid a lot of money to win. Coach Tanner should be feeling some heat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT