ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp 9-4 (5-3) 2nd season

statelinecock

Oct 2, 2010
Beamer going to be nowhere close to that his 2nd season. Hey at least he was a cheap money saving hire....

I’m happier with Beamer than Muschamp. Got to give Beamer a chance. I didn’t love the hire but he’s here. Maybe he will be able to pick up some transfers.

I’m happier with Beamer than Muschamp. Got to give Beamer a chance. I didn’t love the hire but he’s here. Maybe he will be able to pick up some transfers.
Certainly a better vibe with Beamer and special teams have been great. However, in terms of overall performance, how long is that chance in your mind as of today?

Auburn just canned their coach after 1.5 years. Our two meaningful victories this year were against teams having an off year: 3-7 Texas A&M and a 6-4 UK team who lost to Vandy yesterday. We've otherwise been completely listless versus real competition.

I'd like to think we are fixing to see what kind of coach Beamer is... what is tolerated and acceptable here and what isnt. The next month or so will say a lot. In the end, I hope there is a clear understanding of what we want to look like and who we want to be. We have no identity. Who are we? What are we trying to accomplish? Who do we want to be? Maybe we ought to think about that instead of just going out there and trying to win a game with a game plan suited for who knows what or who. It's like we are wondering around aimlessly chasing our tail feathers. Pick a dang direction for crying out loud.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thirdcatgy
I'd like to think we are fixing to see what kind of coach Beamer is... what is tolerated and acceptable here and what isnt. The next month or so will say a lot. In the end, I hope there us a clear understanding of what we want to look like and who we want to be. We have no identity. Who are we? What are we trying to accomplish? Maybe we ought to think about that instead of just going out there and trying to win a game with a game plan suited for who knows what or who.
100%. Looking forward to seeing what happens against UT and CU.

I give the staff credit for capitalizing on otherwise teams having poor years. However, Muschamp was pretty good at beating non-conference and struggling foes too.

We certainly don't have to be world beaters. However, you don't want to see us get flattened when real competition comes in at full strength. IMO, that's our metric for progress at this point - beat the teams we're supposed to beat and have respectable losses when you're overmatched.

Reactions: TAV31 and bucketdad
100%. Looking forward to seeing what happens against UT and CU.

I give the staff credit for capitalizing on otherwise teams having poor years. However, Muschamp was pretty good at beating non-conference and struggling foes too.

We certainly don't have to be world beaters. However, you don't want to see us get flattened when real competition comes in at full strength. IMO, that's our metric for progress at this point - beat the teams we're supposed to beat and have respectable losses when you're overmatched.
The next two weeks will be aweful

I’m much more impressed with Vanderbilt’s hire than ours. They play much sounder fundamental football on both sides of the ball. You can’t win with special teams, and that’s on Lembo anyway. Have you looked at his W/L record as a head coach. Shane looks like a deer in the head lights when we get our ass kicked, and a 12 year old when we are winning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT