ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp out

It ain't mid-season.....our season is over.

You still have a Clemson game that can make a season. If you say beating Clemson is impossible, I will cite you to the number of posters here who said beating Georgia was impossible. Were you one of them? Be honest.

You still have a Clemson game that can make a season. If you say beating Clemson is impossible, I will cite you to the number of posters here who said beating Georgia was impossible. Were you one of them? Be honest.

What does a Clemson win get you or prove. If they were to beat Clemson, it would be Clemson bearing themselves. I mean that. The talent gap between them and us is sickening. Beating Clemson is not fixing that.

UGA overlooked us, plain and simple. Zero chance that Clemson will do that. And without that we don't have a chance. And for me, I don't care if we beat Clemson by 40 points, Muschamp needs to go.

You serious Clark?. You think they said we are going to hire Dabo so let’s fire Tommy in the middle of the season. I got some ocean front property in Arizona if you believe that. Fire a coach in the middle of the season is an even better choice now than it was then. Signing day is in December now. What if he does win against Clemson? I don’t care you will still be settling for a mediocre coach. If we beat Clemson it will be because they had a shitty game not because we are better. Same is said for Georgia. Don’t kid yourself. Settling for mediocrity is why we are in the position we are in. Fans like you need to demand more. That 22 mil is a drop in the bucket if we wanted to win at football. Not to mention we would quickly make it up if we became relevant. Ask Clemson, they are spending money left and right.

I am also going to stay on a soap box about something else. We need to wake up and realize that we are not sought after by coaches with d1 head coaching experience. We need to find someone that is a great coordinator or head coach on a lower level. I’m not selling us short just being honest.
This x 100. Yes, we would lose some recruits, but you find a guy who can genuinely coach the game, and he will start winning with that App State talent.

Start winning and better recruits take notice, the program begins to build on itself, and best of all the coach has built this thing himself and has a sense of pride and loyalty.

We're all about taking shortcuts here: the old coach who has a few good games in him, the guy with SEC ties who has failed before but could get it right this time. So let's cut the Hugh Freeze or Lane Kiffin crap, find someone young who genuinely understands Xs and Os and can motivate players, and let's do this thing the right way for once.

What does a Clemson win get you or prove. If they were to beat Clemson, it would be Clemson bearing themselves. I mean that. The talent gap between them and us is sickening. Beating Clemson is not fixing that.
Whether it gets us anything or not matters not. CLemtech getting an "L" would be the best thing of this whole season (granted, that bar isn't very high right now). And don't misunderstand, that wouldn't make everything dandy either. If something as crazy as that were to happen, yes, it would likely be a result of CU 'beating themselves' (but they did that every one of the 5-peat...just ask 'em), but an "L" is an "L".
All of that said, I ain't holding my breath. :p

I don't make predictions on games. Why would I?

So you would fire a coach that beats both Georgia and Clemson in a season? I doubt the powers that be would do so.

Whether it gets us anything or not matters not. CLemtech getting an "L" would be the best thing of this whole season (granted, that bar isn't very high right now). And don't misunderstand, that wouldn't make everything dandy either. If something as crazy as that were to happen, yes, it would likely be a result of CU 'beating themselves' (but they did that every one of the 5-peat...just ask 'em), but an "L" is an "L".
All of that said, I ain't holding my breath. :p

Sorry but like others it solves not one problem we have. Its at best a band-aid on a bleeding artery

Firing Muschamp mid-season (okay late in the season) is really a prediction he won't beat Clemson.
...if that's the way you want to see it. Personally, I don't give a shat. We ain't beating the taters....you wanna be the dummy who challenges that?

If you beat Georgia and Clemson while losing to Tenn, Mizz, UNC and App State that coach has major issues he’s not capable of addressing.

This. And there is nothing wrong with firing a coach midseason. The longer you wait, the closer you are to early signing day. The best thing you can do is go ahead and get rid of the old coach, and be ready to announce the new one as quickly as possible. That is the only way to give a new coach a prayer with the early signing period.

Other option is to wait until January 1, and then watch a bunch of guys put their names in the portal because they didn't sign to play for the new staff. That way probably also comes with a lot of bad press.

That is the only way to give a new coach a prayer with the early signing period.
That's irrelevant. App St beat us with low rated recruits. Missing on a few recruits due to coaching changes is more than worth it.
It's better to wait and get the right guy.....recruiting will take care of itself.

...if that's the way you want to see it. Personally, I don't give a shat. We ain't beating the taters....you wanna be the dummy who challenges that?

I don't expect that either, but I didn't expect him to beat Georgia. People said the same things about Georgia you say now about Clemson. "We ain't beating Georgia" was all over these boards. That is why you fire him at the end of the season.

If you beat Georgia and Clemson while losing to Tenn, Mizz, UNC and App State that coach has major issues he’s not capable of addressing.

I don't disagree, but an SC coach that beats two top ranked teams like Georgia and Clemson is just not going to be fired. I doubt you have that problem, as I don't expect a win over Clemson. But if he pulled that off, expect his job to be saved.

Doesn't change what it is, though. If timing applies to anything in life, it certainly applies to this.

I agree that timing is critical here, that is why it will be at the end of the season. After he is blown out by Clemson. It makes no sense to do it now.

We don’t keep him because he beats Clemson, it would be an anomaly, not a trend. We have already seen the 8-year trend, and if you want .500 football, then by all means, keep him. Otherwise, you make a professional, business decision to let him go.

If he fudged up 46 of the last 50 TPS Reports, you don’t celebrate the 4 he got right, in fact, in the real world, he would’ve been cut long ago. These days, you look at social media at work, and you’re toast. And those in the business world know I’m right. I don’t want to have this conversation 2 years from now, and if I had a say, I wouldn’t. Not with Bust anyway.

I don't expect that either, but I didn't expect him to beat Georgia. People said the same things about Georgia you say now about Clemson. "We ain't beating Georgia" was all over these boards. That is why you fire him at the end of the season.
...we can't afford the buyout....we're screwed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT