ADVERTISEMENT

My Pet Peeve

hahnenkampf

Aug 7, 2005
Since there’s no need for any meaningful discussions about our athletic teams I thought I’d start some kind of a discussion. My Pet Peeve is watching an old western movie or TV show and seeing an airplane contrail in the sky. What’s yours?

Since there’s no need for any meaningful discussions about our athletic teams I thought I’d start some kind of a discussion. My Pet Peeve is watching an old western movie or TV show and seeing an airplane contrail in the sky. What’s yours?
Mine is going to Bojangles first thing in morning, Ordering a biscuit and large SWEET iced tea, then you take that first big sip...... AND DAMNED it is UNSWEET..... Would rather have a red hot poker up my $#@!!

Mine is going to a grocery store finding at the parking space where I'd park my car, a grocery cart near that space, interfering. How lazy can people be to not push the cart to the space designated for empty carts? That really annoys me. Pisses me off actually.

The new trend of golf carts on major public roads. It's fine on quieter community streets. However, they shouldn't be allowed on congested roads when they can only go a fraction of the speed limit and drivers are forced to pass them. Also, often children are driving them which only complicates the issue.

In the original cut of John Wayne's movie, in one of the pull back scenes of the Alamo surrounded by the Mexican army, you could clearly see a bright yellow school bus motoring on its rounds of Bracketville Texas School children. It is not visible in later prints. They also sing happy birthday 57 years before the song was written.

Mine is going to a grocery store finding at the parking space where I'd park my car, a grocery cart near that space, interfering. How lazy can people be to not push the cart to the space designated for empty carts? That really annoys me. Pisses me off actually.
I feel as if this “describes” any persons character. If you cannot push a buggy to its return, you really are a slack fuq.

In the original cut of John Wayne's movie, in one of the pull back scenes of the Alamo surrounded by the Mexican army, you could clearly see a bright yellow school bus motoring on its rounds of Bracketville Texas School children. It is not visible in later prints. They also sing happy birthday 57 years before the song was written.
That’s a good one! It reminded me of the scene in Kelly’s Heroes where Oddball’s tanks are blasting the crap out of a German rail yard while “All for the Love of Sunshine” is blasting from the tank’s loudspeakers. The problem is that the song is being sung by Hank Williams Jr — who wasn’t even born yet during WWII.

Last edited:
Reactions: BattleshipTexas
People that take 1 1/2 parking spaces.
One time I parked next to one and got out the passenger door. He had to enter his passenger door to get into his car. When I got back there was a grocery cart against my car.

When I watch those old westerns, and it’s usually for about the hundredth time, I look for all those things that shouldn’t be there - like the white SUV in the background during the graveyard shootout at the end of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
Btw, The Good wins, The Bad dies and The Ugly comes out pretty good (as it should be). As if you all didn’t know.

Reactions: hahnenkampf
That’s a good one! It reminded me of the scene in Kelly’s Heroes where Oddball’s tanks are blasting the crap out of a German rail yard while “All for the Love of Sunshine” is blasting from the tank’s loudspeakers. The problem is that the song is being sung by Hank Williams Jr — who wasn’t even born yet during WWII.
Mike Curb wrote the song "All for the Love of Sunshine" for the film, with the Mike Curb Congregation providing background on the recording by Hank Williams, Jr. The song became the first #1 country hit for Williams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT