ADVERTISEMENT

My report on Beamer's Charleston visit..

LCD1

Jun 1, 1998
Charleston, SC
I attended the Gamecock Club event Thursday night in Charleston. It was a full house and lots of fun. I think I startled Wes when I introduced myself out front. LOL
I really enjoyed hearing all the coaches speak especially Tony Annan (soccer), Boo Major (equestrian), Montario Hardesty, and of course Beamer himself.
Frank Beamer and his wife were in the house sitting at Joe Rice's table front and center. Shane Beamer was so patient with the very large autograph line as it took about 45 plus minutes for all us fans to get through. When I showed him a picture of my car he was very impressed and signed it for me.
Shane really knows how to work a room. He was so energetic and treated each fan, young and old, with sincerity and kindness. The guy has that "it" factor and his enthusiasm and passion are something to see.
I asked him a question as well. The question was out of all the head coaches you worked under, which one most closely resembles your personality and demeanor and you can't say your father.
He said it would be Lincoln as Lincoln was always even keel, never too high or too low.
I can't wait for September 4th!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News