ADVERTISEMENT

No 1 Running Back

JGH 35

Oct 22, 2013
Is there any doubt about who our #1 Running Back is now? NO! NO! ITS MARIO! Kid runs hard and has better vision. The TD run he made was awesome. With 88 yards and a 3.4 avg this week and a 5.3 avg against Furman (the only other game he had any significant playing time) he is clearly our best option. After Joyner's fumble I don't believe he played any more, or at least very little. I think the running game can get better with Mario as the #1 option as he continues to gain consistency and rhythm with the offense. I was also impressed with his blocking. He picked up the blitz well which allowed Rattler to throw a TD pass in second half.

Reactions: Squaredcock
I agree. It's Super Mario. Seems to be picking up on the playbook pretty quickly.

family-game.gif

IMO Joyner is good for like wild-cock and is a red zone threat. He is one of my all time favorite Cocks. But clearly not an RB1.

Super Mario is an RB1, and I’m wondering why the staff didn’t catch that pre-season.

Super Mario Nintendo GIF by GIPHY Gaming

Probably wasn't ready preseason. RB have to know the entire playbook. The fact that we saw him game 2 makes me think they were desperate to find some answers.

Is there any doubt about who our #1 Running Back is now? NO! NO! ITS MARIO! Kid runs hard and has better vision. The TD run he made was awesome. With 88 yards and a 3.4 avg this week and a 5.3 avg against Furman (the only other game he had any significant playing time) he is clearly our best option. After Joyner's fumble I don't believe he played any more, or at least very little. I think the running game can get better with Mario as the #1 option as he continues to gain consistency and rhythm with the offense. I was also impressed with his blocking. He picked up the blitz well which allowed Rattler to throw a TD pass in second half.
Joyner was in there for the hands team and recovered the onside kick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT