ADVERTISEMENT

OT: DirectTV Stream

shor surf

Jan 21, 2001
I have had AT&T U-verse for years and thinking about switching to DirectTV Stream but not sure about streaming services. Looking for feedback from anyone with DirectTV Stream on the pros and cons

You probably will need the $85 package to get sports. You can stream either YouTube tv or Fubo for $65 and get most sports.

I looked into it. Cost more than Several other options. YouTube still the best option for the ESPNs and SEC

If there is a wife in the picture, then Direct Stream is a decent deal. You can add on a little $5 package to the $85 deal and the unlimited cloud can hold all the Hallmark movies she can dream of for little more.

My comparison is cable, as that's what we had. But I could not find the sports/romance setup I needed anywhere else.

You can get a streamer with it if you want a traditional remote. I don't understand why these streaming companies don't all come out with numbered remotes.

If there is a wife in the picture, then Direct Stream is a decent deal. You can add on a little $5 package to the $85 deal and the unlimited cloud can hold all the Hallmark movies she can dream of for little more.

My comparison is cable, as that's what we had. But I could not find the sports/romance setup I needed anywhere else.

You can get a streamer with it if you want a traditional remote. I don't understand why these streaming companies don't all come out with numbered remotes.
Not a promoter for Fubo, but they have all 3 Hallmark channels. FYI.

Youtube TV is what we have and it's been great. No Braves unfortunately, but I paid for a subscription to MLB TV and changed locations virtually to avoid the blackout.

Youtube TV is what we have and it's been great. No Braves unfortunately, but I paid for a subscription to MLB TV and changed locations virtually to avoid the blackout.
I would love to know how you did that. I tried it but was not able to make it work. I ended up using Streameast and it was very glitchy and not real fun to watch.

I would love to know how you did that. I tried it but was not able to make it work. I ended up using Streameast and it was very glitchy and not real fun to watch.
I purchased the MLB TV through Youtube TV. The way Youtube TV's login works, the location of your phone sets the location of the TV service. So I downloaded the GPS Joystick app on my phone, which allows you to fake your phone's location. Then you login to the YTTV app on your phone with the fake location and are able to login on your TV as well that way.

For me, I changed my location to Wilmington to get out of the Braves' blackout area. It wasn't the best choice, since I forgot about that being in the Nationals' blackout area. But that worked for me, and I was able to watch all the games but the ones against Washington.

I purchased the MLB TV through Youtube TV. The way Youtube TV's login works, the location of your phone sets the location of the TV service. So I downloaded the GPS Joystick app on my phone, which allows you to fake your phone's location. Then you login to the YTTV app on your phone with the fake location and are able to login on your TV as well that way.

For me, I changed my location to Wilmington to get out of the Braves' blackout area. It wasn't the best choice, since I forgot about that being in the Nationals' blackout area. But that worked for me, and I was able to watch all the games but the ones against Washington.
Thanks a bunch for that. I tried through Surfshark VPN and a Firestick but no go. I would gladly pay for being able to watch, but I couldn't find any other way other than a cable box, in addition to my Youtube TV and I wasn't going to do that. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: will110
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT