ADVERTISEMENT

OT dishwasher

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Long story short I changed the heating element in my dishwasher. It wasnt drying and it wasnt getting up to a high temperature. $40 I was hoping that would do the trick. But it still not working right. Any suggestions. It's a whirlpool.

Might be the electronic control board if a newer model. Get your self an appliance repair man and see if it's worth the repair.

Reactions: jeff2001
Long story short I changed the heating element in my dishwasher. It wasnt drying and it wasnt getting up to a high temperature. $40 I was hoping that would do the trick. But it still not working right. Any suggestions. It's a whirlpool.
I have a whirlpool and it doesn’t dry well.

We are thrilled with our new GE. Best dishwasher we have ever had. It dries very well. We replaced a Kitchenaid that looked nice but leaked. Bosch always seems to get good reviews, but they do NOT even have a heating element. Everything I read says Bosch uses condensation drying, but the truth is, if you have plastic anywhere in the rack, then the condensation drying is code for “hand dry with a towel all your soaking wet dishes”.

I bought a Whirlpool about a year ago to replace a Kenmore that was original to the house construction in 1997. The Kenmore started leaking and I spent a lot of time and trouble drying out the hardwood floors when I left it running unattended. o_O:(:mad:

It runs much quieter than the old Kenmore, but takes longer to run and doesn't dry quite as well. On the other hand, it hasn't melted any plastic cups like the Kenmore sometimes would.

I bought a Whirlpool about a year ago to replace a Kenmore that was original to the house construction in 1997. The Kenmore started leaking and I spent a lot of time and trouble drying out the hardwood floors when I left it running unattended. o_O:(:mad:

It runs much quieter than the old Kenmore, but takes longer to run and doesn't dry quite as well. On the other hand, it hasn't melted any plastic cups like the Kenmore sometimes would.
I've got a Kenmore. Several years old. It's doing well.

I've been using the same portable dishwasher for 25 years, lol. You roll it up to the sink and attach it to the faucet. Someday I'll renovate my kitchen and get rid of it.

Reactions: DrMickey
I love my Bosch. Can’t even hear it run, gotta look at the red light to see if it’s running. It doesn’t have a heating element but through some German engineering genius, my dishes do come out dry!

My old man's dishwasher just stopped working. Control panel is shot. It's worked as long as he's had house-going on 11 years. It's a maytag.

I love my Bosch. Can’t even hear it run, gotta look at the red light to see if it’s running. It doesn’t have a heating element but through some German engineering genius, my dishes do come out dry!
German engineering is the best, including with cars.

When I clicked on this thread I thought it would be about a new Offensive Tackle (OT) prospect nick named the Dishwasher or maybe that was our Juco OT's nickname Jazston Turnetine nickname.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT