ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Do NOT use Time Warner

twnorthern

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2001
Kershaw, SC
I don't typically post, but I wanted to pass along some disturbing information, which some of you may already know. Here is the story:

1st Part - Residential - We moved in march and I gave them 2 weeks notice of the move. I work from home so, internet is an absolute necessity and I needed service available when we moved in. On the day we moved in, of course, no service. To keep this short, I spent a total of 8 hours (no joke) on the phone trying to get service over 3 days. I lost 3 days of income and the ONLY reason we got cable was because my wife saw a TWC truck down the street and begged him to come help us. TWC did not care that I lost income and not only charged us for the full time frame, but charged a connection fee as well. I have been with them since 1992 and spend $280 a month on cable and internet and they do NOT care. Also, I am STILL getting billed ($850 so far) for my old address and I have called several times to stop it, and they say "Just dont worry, it will go away"...yeah right !

2nd part - Be very careful if you need business class phones, they FORCE you to sign a document that gives them the right to charge you if you want to cancel the service. Even if you go out of business and can't afford any additional bills, they will charge you a hefty fee just to stop getting more bills. Also, they charge triple the fees for company phones as they do for home service. I work out of my home, but that did not matter, they still charged me more.

I am leaving TWC as soon as possible and will never send them another penny. I am sure that they are laughing all the way to the bank today, but Words still retain their power and word of mouth can do some damage. I would suggest any of you take a good hard look at what else is available before they "violate" you.

If anyone has any suggestions on alternatives for internet and cable, I would appreciate your help. Thanks for listening (reading)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News