ADVERTISEMENT

OT Pray for the people in Charleston

pepsicock

Gold Member
May 12, 2006
Columbia SC Home of the Fighting Gamecocks !!!
Victims Shot at Charleston Church, Suspect on the Loose
11:30 p.m. EDT June 17, 2015
43 TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE
CHARLESTON, S.C. (USA TODAY) — A shooting in downtown Charleston has resulted in fatalities, police there confirm.

The shooting took place at about 9 p.m., police said via Twitter, and the gunman is still on the loose, police told the Charleston Post and Courier.

There are conflicting reports on the number of fatalities.

WCBD reports that the incident took place at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church located at 110 Calhoun Street. They say several different law enforcement agencies are on scene, including the FBI.

28904839_Still.jpg

Raw Video: Shooting in Charleston WLTX

A woman who answered the telephone at the Charleston Police Department late Wednesday said she'd heard nothing about a shooting, but tweets from Boughton indicate there is law enforcement activity downtown indicative that a shooting has taken place.

An emergency medical worker told people on the street to "drive far away or to go indoors," Boughton tweeted at about 9:45 p.m.

The pastor of the church is of South Carolina State Senator Clementa Pinckney.

CONNECT 43 TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE
TOP VIDEOS

Right now: It's being reported 8 killed, a bomb threat called in as well, and suspect still on the loose.

Nine people killed. It's bad. Hurts the heart, as my daughter said. Unfortunately al sharpton will be here tomorrow.

I hope they kill him first .
WHY THE HAIL WOULD THAT IDIOT (the shooter) EVEN THINK OF SUCH?????

WTH IS GOING ON WITH THIS WORLD?? HTH COULD THAT PERSON EVEN THINK OF SUCH???

DEVASTATION - THE ONLY WORD I CAN THINK OF - DEVASTATION.

South Carolina state senator among dead in Charleston church shooting

Clementa Pinckney, 41, who also served as the pastor of Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, was one of nine people killed when a gunman opened fire during a prayer meeting.

They said the gunman sat down and joined them in prayer before he open fired on them...

It's reported that the police know who the family is and talking to them to find this gunman...

Something with the front plates on the car. White plates with an oval shape.

WHY THE HAIL WOULD THAT IDIOT (the shooter) EVEN THINK OF SUCH?????

WTH IS GOING ON WITH THIS WORLD?? HTH COULD THAT PERSON EVEN THINK OF SUCH???

DEVASTATION - THE ONLY WORD I CAN THINK OF - DEVASTATION.

It was a hate crime for sure, but what's really behind these types of acts is Satan, who despises it when Christians gather in the name of Jesus Christ to pray and worship God. The Bible says we have a sinful nature within us, and if we allow Satan to manifest himself in our minds, he will put all sorts of evil thoughts in our minds. People need to realize this and understand what is really going on in these kinds of hate crimes!

That has to be one sick and evil individual. Prayers said for the innocent victims,family and the community.
Al Sharpton will only agitate for all the wrong reasons and make things worse. A good guy with a conceal carry might have saved lives.

It was a hate crime for sure, but what's really behind these types of acts is Satan, who despises it when Christians gather in the name of Jesus Christ to pray and worship God. The Bible says we have a sinful nature within us, and if we allow Satan to manifest himself in our minds, he will put all sorts of evil thoughts in our minds. People need to realize this and understand what is really going on in these kinds of hate crimes!
Amen brother, Ephesians 6:25-34 & Amen! We will obey the law of the land & pray for that brother's soul!

That has to be one sick and evil individual. Prayers said for the innocent victims,family and the community.
Al Sharpton will only agitate for all the wrong reasons and make things worse. A good guy with a conceal carry might have saved lives.
My friend we agree to disagree as I will pray with all & Will Not Carry A Gun In God's House but will Carry The Word! Hebrews 11:1 & 6, Amen!

WIS reporting that the shooter is from Columbia. I'm seen several tweets from my Gamecock friends that the kid went to White Knoll.

And he has the right to be. It's people like you who won't do a damn thing about this terrible incident.
People like who? And what exactly will you do?
My friend we agree to disagree as I will pray with all & Will Not Carry A Gun In God's House but will Carry The Word! Hebrews 11:1 & 6, Amen!
i respect your opinion. That being said, prayer did not stop this tragedy from happening. I do whatever it takes to protect myself and my loved ones. Prayer is good but not the answer to everything. If it was this evil would not have happened.

i respect your opinion. That being said, prayer did not stop this tragedy from happening. I do whatever it takes to protect myself and my loved ones. Prayer is good but not the answer to everything. If it was this evil would not have happened.
People who always bitch about Sharpton. I will reach out to my fraternity whom the pastor was a member of to find out what steps we are taking.

He was arrested in Shelby NC
He murdered and ran. The prosecutors will go for the death penalty and his public defenders will plead insanity.

This is another scenario similar to the stupid girl (Susan Smith) who drowned her sons 20 ago - it's gonna be all over the news for the next 4-5 years.

I don't have anything to say. I'm miserably amazed.

There have been two recent horrific events in the State of SC.

1. Walter Scott's shooting in Summerville (April).
2. Charleston SC church shooting (Yesterday)

In both cases the "little ole southern state of SC police forces" , did their jobs , did them well, and have worked hard to keep the peace.

I am sure that there are exceptions, but we sure did not see the type of rioting and violence that occurred elsewhere in this country.

I see where the politicos are again going to descend on the scene of the crimes in an attempt to create unrest and take advantage of a terrible crime to further their own personal objectives. This time it appears that it is not only the Sharpton , and Jesse that are on the way, but also Glenn Beck sees the opportunity to be relevant again. I wish they all would stay away!

It is VERY appropriate for the Nikki Hailey and Tim Scott to be there and promote ways that the state can support all efforts to see justice is done , and that families of the victims , and the community as a whole can be assisted.

But all these national race-baiting folks that will be holding meeting collecting money for their next protest should stay the #### out of SC.

SC has handled these two situations as well as could be humanly expected.

My prayers go out for the Families, the church family , and all those impacted by this ridiculous waste of human life.

Well said Esso. I also think it speaks volumes as to the type of folks we are here in SC. That we can deal with violent racial situations with peace, open and respectful dialogue, and working together as a community to make this world a better place.

I'm always devastated that we have people who will take to violence against the innocent this way, no matter who and on whom.

Praying is no answer.
Maybe teaching respect for others will help. That's too soft as I know it will help. If Roof or any of the mass killers had respect for the strangers they killed, they would not have done it.

Our current culture is surely complicit as we are all becoming polarized in one way or another.
Some people seem to define themselves by who or what they hate and who they hate the most. Regrettably, some of those appear to be on this board.

I am not baffled by such events as they follow our current path as surely as night follows day. Some deranged people will do such things in any time or culture but we have enabled them. Shame on us.

Again I totally disagree! Prayer & Faith In God Is 100% the answer to everything. Personally I believe as Prayer/God is removed for places of public interest for example our schools, then guns & such moves in. & as stated in the Bible, evil will always be with us! My Faith & Bible study, has taught me we are free moral agents, God Is not in charge of this earth - The People Are, Thus I Pray!l Proverbs 3:5-6, Amen!

Well said Esso. I also think it speaks volumes as to the type of folks we are here in SC. That we can deal with violent racial situations with peace, open and respectful dialogue, and working together as a community to make this world a better place.

I hope you don't think this situation is anything close to the ones around the Nation that have caused protests. Huge difference between a crazy white person killing people and police doing it. I can't even believe this was brought up.

I hope you don't think this situation is anything close to the ones around the Nation that have caused protests. Huge difference between a crazy white person killing people and police doing it. I can't even believe this was brought up.

Uhmmm excuse me, but who do you think killed the guy in Summerville in april? In Summerville a white police offer shot a black man in the back and was arrested and prosecuted. In SL a black guy charged a white police officer and was shot,

Which one of those two scenarios 'if either" should have provoked race riots?

Uhmmm excuse me, but who do you think killed the guy in Summerville in april? In Summerville a white police offer shot a black man in the back and was arrested and prosecuted. In SL a black guy charged a white police officer and was shot,

Neither imo but the difference is pretty huge. SC officer was immediately arrested and charged with murder. How do you think things would have gone without the video? No protests?

Huge difference between the two. One was charged with murder, while the other was not.

I keep praying I am going to see some Clemson memorabilia in this dude's pictures and nothing Gamecock.

Huge difference between the two. One was charged with murder, while the other was not.

So let me see if I follow the logic, the cop in SL should have been charged with Murder , and since that did not happen (which stands to reason based on the facts) in the interim the public should burn down their neighborhood?

I replied to this post , If you read the post..he states" Huge difference between a crazy white person killing people and police doing it. I can't even believe this was brought up."

"I hope you don't think this situation is anything close to the ones around the Nation that have caused protests. Huge difference between a crazy white person killing people and police doing it. I can't even believe this was brought up.

There are some people that , just can't look at a situation through unbiased eyes. In both these two cases (Summerville and Charleston) the police response has been correct and the system , to this point, worked as designed , albeit , post -CRIME.

I am sure that we can get a nice investigation going and find someone to throw under the bus in Charleston once Al get there. Who pays Al? any idea? if he doesnt make much money, how does he owe so much in back taxes?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT