ADVERTISEMENT

Over 1000

Neanderthal

Aug 15, 2001
Over 1000 football players put their names in the transfer portal the first 4 hours. It’s a yearly game of musical chairs - looking for another chair before the music stops and some won’t find one.

Wish they had to fill out a survey when they enter...even if it's anonymous. Curious to know the top reasons for wanting out of a prior commitment.

Simple, they aren't willing to work harder to beat out the guys in front of them
Yeah I guess that probably wouldnt be a box to check. But I am curious how many just dont like the school or the players or coaches or if it was new hires they didnt like or did they feel lied to during recruiting or whatever.

And if things repeat themselves then at least ~300 of them just gave away their opportunities for a free education.
As you get older, you learn to appreciate what you have. I have said it before and I will say it again: If I could go back in time and tell my USC senior self one thing, it would be: you won't need as much EVENTUAL money as you think to be happy. Live and learn.

As you get older, you learn to appreciate what you have. I have said it before and I will say it again: If I could go back in time and tell my USC senior self one thing, it would be: you won't need as much EVENTUAL money as you think to be happy. Live and learn.

This, and one I did not learn personally, but through an acquaintance:

Don't quit your job until you have another job lined up. In this case, guys are jumping in thr portal with no landing spot, and may lose a place at the table.

This, and one I did not learn personally, but through an acquaintance:

Don't quit your job until you have another job lined up. In this case, guys are jumping in thr portal with no landing spot, and may lose a place at the table.
Indeed. Many are not as desired as they think they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: 92Pony
These kids want to be wined and dined again the same as when they were in HS. I assume this costs the University more money. Wonder how it effects the recruiting department that sets up the visits. The questions are most likely different than when they came through as a HS student. Yo how much you finna pay me and what all I gone git free. No cap.

These kids want to be wined and dined again the same as when they were in HS. I assume this costs the University more money. Wonder how it effects the recruiting department that sets up the visits. The questions are most likely different than when they came through as a HS student. Yo how much you finna pay me and what all I gone git free. No cap.

Ohio St AD claims recruits are wanted $5000 just to get them to come visit.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...laims-recruits-want-5-thousand-per-visit.html

Reactions: Ward Jr
To me, he is a symbol with what's wrong with college sports today and why college sports is withering on the vine. It's only going to get worse.
Being the only dedicated running back on a bad team for one season isn't as much of a sales pitch as Mario seems to think it is. Though, it could also be a vote of no confidence in the coaching staff here, and he's willing to take the risk just to get out of his commitment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT