ADVERTISEMENT

Predict when we'll beat Clemson again

When Tanner is gone and we have a AD that has a better understanding of college football, and knows how to hire coaches.

Last edited:
Anyone that says football is the only sport that matters is a fraud fan!
Lol the popularity of the sport most matters. Last I checked this is the south and football is king. People only care about those other sports when they are winning. It’s all about college football it’s the money maker and by far gets more fans in the stands. It’s just bigger and matters the most. It’s the reason our football stadium holds almost twice as much as the basketball stadium. Your funny.

Please research just a little before you post nonsense. They had one senior on their offense last night, 90% of their starters were freshman or sophomore.
They lose both linebackers, a safety, 2 defensive ends. They also will lose their best receiver, and coverage corner to the draft. They also lose the punter, kicker, and holder. Their offense is really young, but easily the weakest part of the team. Plus their OC might leave to be a head coach. They have also been losing a lot to transfers.

They lose both linebackers, a safety, 2 defensive ends. They also will lose their best receiver, and coverage corner to the draft. They also lose the punter, kicker, and holder. Their offense is really young, but easily the weakest part of the team. Plus their OC might leave to be a head coach. They have also been losing a lot to transfers.
We've been hearing about the eminent demise of Clemson due to all the players they will have leaving at the end of the year for about 7 years now, and next year will be our year.
Still waiting.

Last edited:
And yet they are still recruiting well and bringing in arguably the top high school QB next year. Their two best dlinemen were out this game and only sophomores. They aren’t falling apart even if we want them to.

They’re going to win 8 out of 10 against pretty much everyone they play annually, if not more. Only way to change it is to climb to the top where they’ve been. We’ve never been there. I honestly don’t know that we ever will…it’s a sad reality I’m learning to live with.
Not true. During the 5 win stretch against them, one could argue South Carolina was the only team actually holding them back from playing for a championship. We were beating them soundly, as well.

Not true. During the 5 win stretch against them, one could argue South Carolina was the only team actually holding them back from playing for a championship. We were beating them soundly, as well.
How many National Championships did we win then? How many BCS Bowls or Title Games did we play in? We were good. But we’ve never been the level at which they have been. That’s the closest we got…for 3 years. Keeping them from reaching that level isn’t us reaching that level.

In two to three years, when Beamer has had time to work his magic on the recruiting trail.

I’m starting to live the SEC Shorts trash-talking barbershop quartet song: No one beats Kentucky 32 years in a row…

Possibly next year. I look for Clemson to have another down year. They will still have the same QB, and lose some very good defensive players.

Doty I hope.
You realize their offense on the field Saturday had one senior on it, they have been recruiting top 5 for several years running, we aren’t going to magically make up that difference in a year. And DJ won’t be their starter next year, it will likely be the #1 rated high school QB from Texas that has committed to them.

You realize their offense on the field Saturday had one senior on it, they have been recruiting top 5 for several years running, we aren’t going to magically make up that difference in a year. And DJ won’t be their starter next year, it will likely be the #1 rated high school QB from Texas that has committed to them.
I'm not impressed that their offense beat us by 30 points. I'm more depressed that our defense gave up so many points, even when DJ looked so poorly (< 50% completion and only 99 yards), and as a team, they rushed through our DL like a hot knife in butter.

Besides, their strength this year has been their Defense. Look at how many seniors and graduates they have.

November 26, 2022. Final score will be Gamecocks 31 Tigers 21 behind a dominate run game and stifling defense. The loss will knock clemson out of the CPF playoff conversation and be a great warmup for the SEC championship game in Atlanta against an undefeated #1 Texas A&M. That game in Atlanta will be a rematch and a chance for Carolina to avenge one of its two losses on the season.

• Love
Reactions: alaskagamecock
Their board/administration cares about winning, and now they have a winning tradition too. We have neither. It’s an uphill battle for us.
They have had a winning tradition for years. We just loved to blame it on cheating. Then we blamed it on the SEC. We have no excuse now. We just have to get better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT