ADVERTISEMENT

Quotes from Shane Beamer's appearance Wed. on Finebaum

M

Mike Uva

- Shane Beamer: "I want to be (at the University of South Carolina). Nowhere else I’d want to be because I believe you can accomplish everything that you want to accomplish at South Carolina.”

- "I’m afraid that a lot of people know me more as the guy that got mayonnaise dumped on his head more so than the head coach at South Carolina. I’ve been out recruiting all week and will be out the rest of the week and it seems like every high school I go into somebody brings that up.”

- On responding back to Dennis Dodd’s tweet: Responded because he felt like Dodd’s comments were diminishing what his players accomplished. Said seeing the joy his players had on the field and in the locker room afterwards is what really got him when seeing Dodd’s tweet.

- Feels like every time he goes into a high school to recruit, when he comes out, there’s a new player that we all know by name who has entered the transfer portal. Added USC certainly has benefited from the portal but have loss guys too but those guys “all left on great terms.”

- Admits there’s still more improvements that need to be done to make the transfer portal a positive for the student-athletes, coaches, and the universities. “It it what it is right now and we’re gonna do everything we can to make it a positive for us at South Carolina.”

- The SEC coaches have a meeting scheduled in the next few weeks and is sure the transfer portal will be discussed that day. Went on to say he trust SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey & the leaders across college football to continue to do what’s right for the game.

- Notes what’s different about this program compared to where it was a year ago is the confidence within.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News