ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting is the KEY 🔑

Aug 30, 2010
Examples: Dawn Staley, Dabo, started out slow until they RECRUITED a different caliber of athlete then they changed their future. Recruiting is the lifeblood of a program as they say. Key players at key positions will change our future. Then we will start beating these teams. It really is that simple. Dawn Staley and Dabo FIGURED out how to recruit better players now they are rewarded .RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT.

Reactions: Goody101
Examples: Dawn Staley, Dabo, started out slow until they RECRUITED a different caliber of athlete then they changed their future. Recruiting is the lifeblood of a program as they say. Key players at key positions will change our future. Then we will start beating these teams. It really is that simple. Dawn Staley and Dabo FIGURED out how to recruit better players now they are rewarded .RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT.
You absolutely have to recruit, but you have to prove your coaching prowess first. Dabo and the taters started winning significant games long before the roster showed it. Spurrier, papa Beamer, papa Bowden all began their careers by out coaching the other side. Their early teams played better than the sum of their individual player’s talents which led them to landing the blue chip recruits.

Reactions: Goody101
You absolutely have to recruit, but you have to prove your coaching prowess first. Dabo and the taters started winning significant games long before the roster showed it. Spurrier, papa Beamer, papa Bowden all began their careers by out coaching the other side. Their early teams played better than the sum of their individual player’s talents which led them to landing the blue chip recruits.
That’s kid of true. They didn’t recruit at their current level. But Bowden was recruiting very well and it’s not like they turned around a 2 win team. Bowden averaged 7-8 wins a year.

Agree. Recruiting is #1. But unless you manage/coach the team well, you won't last long in the dance, regardless of sport.

Reactions: gamecock stock
Please do not compare Dawn Staley to Dabo in any way.

I still don't see how a program ever gets loaded with top recruits unless (a) they are stringing together winning seasons and are competitive against very good teams, (b) they have a legendary head coach with a proven track record, or (c) they are cheating like it's a business.

Reactions: hwgcock
I still don't see how a program ever gets loaded with top recruits unless (a) they are stringing together winning seasons and are competitive against very good teams, (b) they have a legendary head coach with a proven track record, or (c) they are cheating like it's a business.
What ever the formula is Beamer must find it are we will be back in the same boat 5 years from now 🤔

Yeah, I always hear it's all about the "Jimmys and the Joes". But the Jimmys and the Joes will do you no good if they are coached by "Jane".

Recruiting is half the battle. You need to coach em up and develop.

Orgeron didn't get fired for his lack of recruiting at LSU

Clemson always had talent before Dabo. Bowden recruited too. It is why he got fired. He kept "Clemsoning" in big games. Wasting away talent.

Staley is a great coach. She instills and demands a standard of excellence from her players.

Well, I don’t see any program changers coming in next year in this recruiting class. I know it takes multiple years to rebuild programs but like I’ve said, I don’t see any in this years coming class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT