ADVERTISEMENT

Rivalry Game: What’s Your Gut Feeling?

dtgamecock

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Just wondering what everyone is expecting on Saturday. I figured the line would open at two scores, so that’s not surprising. I’m honestly not sure what I’m expecting. To me, this game has a mid-2000s feel. They’re better than us, but I wouldn’t consider a Gamecock win a total shock.

It hasn’t been the year in tatertown they expected, so I fully believe that Dabo will try to give Shane a “welcome to the rivalry” beat down, if possible. I just don’t see a blowout happening. It’s at the Brice at night, so I really think that works in our favor.

My main concern is that we just don’t know which team will show up week to week. We’ll have to come to play on defense. We won’t win a shootout because their defense is still really good.

They’ll come after JB relentlessly. We’ll need to rely on Vann, White, and Harris (like every other game). Would love to see Bell and Jenkins get involved, too. We won’t beat them with FGs. I think we’ll need to score 24 to have a chance.

We need to put pressure on DJ. Hit him early and often. No stupid penalties. Clemson would’ve loved to have had the chance to keep us from bowl eligibility, so thankfully that won’t be the case.

These are just some of my thoughts heading into the week. How confident are y’all that we come out with a win?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News