ADVERTISEMENT

Roper is here through next year and it won't get better (Duke and Florida film review)

Nick Young

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
Roper's contract runs through next year and he's owed $700,000 per year. I don't think it's very likely he is canned anytime soon. Muschamp didn't interview anyone else and it's clear how strongly he believes in him. He's loyal to a fault and I'm afraid hitching himself to the Roper wagon could be disastrous for his career and this program. He was gifted an SEC job after Florida and has earned it for the most part, but not many people get third chances.

After watching some old tape of Duke this weekend, I noticed a couple of things. The offense before Roper, during Roper, and after Roper is pretty much the same. Our offense, even against dreadful defenses, doesn't look anything like the one that was at Duke while Roper was OC. Cutcliffe was 100% running the show over there and the evidence is in the film. The single biggest issue for Roper is his zone run blocking scheme. Elliot was not a good coach, but he overnight became awful and a lot of thay is due to scheme (and favoritism). Helms was freshman all acc at Wake and he has been absolutely lost here. I'll give you one guess why.

The only hope I have is if Wolford has a man to man talk with Champ and lays it on the line, tells him he is going to leave, why, etc. Maybe he will start listening then.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News