ADVERTISEMENT

Saban?

I think the portal helped to topple the Bama dynasty, and I am convinced the portal has knocked Dabo down a couple of notches.
People blame the portal, but its the NIL money. If you were getting 1 mil to play here you think you leaving for a hope to start. Alabama has a lot of fans but not a large amount of huge companies. With NIL money I am convinces NYU could start a football team tomorrow and complete for a championship in 5 years. NYC companies would give these players millions....

Reactions: usc_nc
People blame the portal, but its the NIL money. If you were getting 1 mil to play here you think you leaving for a hope to start. Alabama has a lot of fans but not a large amount of huge companies. With NIL money I am convinces NYU could start a football team tomorrow and complete for a championship in 5 years. NYC companies would give these players millions....

Watch out for Texas schools! Oil money

Reactions: Jbouton2
I think the portal helped to topple the Bama dynasty, and I am convinced the portal has knocked Dabo down a couple of notches.
The portal challenges every program one way or another. It's the management of it by programs that tells the tale. It's not hurting Georgia, so far as I can tell.

The portal challenges every program one way or another. It's the management of it by programs that tells the tale. It's not hurting Georgia, so far as I can tell.
The portal has helped Alabama, not hurt it. Saban's distress is being out NIL-ed for the best high school recruits by A&M, Texas, Oregon, etc. The best 2025 high school QB from Alabama (KJ Lacey) just committed to Texas. No 14 on top 100, so likely will be a 5-star. A&M had that amazing 2022 class (six 5-stars) that was all due to NIL money.

I believe the drop off in assistant coaching staff has also played a roll.

Look who left. Where they went. And how well they have done.
K Smart
Sarkisian
Pruitt
Kitchen
Gas pumper dude
McElwain
Williams
Butch Jones
Cristobal

He won't do anything that dishonorable.
Wish we could find another "dishonorable" coach like Spurrier that wins 33 out of 36 games and beats Clemson 5 consecutive years. Anyone who does not believe Spurrier was the best thing that ever happened to Gamecock football has some twisted logic.

Reactions: Lurker123
Teams have ways to funnel money to players via NIL. It is not a matter of having lots of industries and big business to do it.

There's considerable noise out there, and his remarks after the Texas loss led me to believe he's going to pull the trigger.
All Nick needs is another 5* QB & Red Elephants will be #1 again.

defending%20big%2012%20champs_zpsrnmqmswn.png

Wish we could find another "dishonorable" coach like Spurrier that wins 33 out of 36 games and beats Clemson 5 consecutive years. Anyone who does not believe Spurrier was the best thing that ever happened to Gamecock football has some twisted logic.
Saying that the manner of his departure was dishonorable is NOT saying that that he wasn't the best thing that ever happened to Gamecock football. To think that one thing precludes the other is twisted logic.

Reactions: Lurker123
Saying that the manner of his departure was dishonorable is NOT saying that that he wasn't the best thing that ever happened to Gamecock football. To think that one thing precludes the other is twisted logic.
I think we can all agree he should have retired at the end of the previous season. Tanner should get some of the blame for putting Spurrier in that position. Anywho... Saban is not our problem 🙂

I think we can all agree he should have retired at the end of the previous season. Tanner should get some of the blame for putting Spurrier in that position. Anywho... Saban is not our problem 🙂
Had Spurrier's name not been introduced in this thread (Post #3) by another poster with reference to how or under what circumstances a coach might leave, I never would have brought him up. I'm not apologizing but that is the truth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT