ADVERTISEMENT

SECN+

DaddyRooster

Jul 7, 2008
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the SECN+ network. I see where most of our home baseball games are on SECN+ and I don't know what that is. Is it the same as SECN alt? Is it like ESPN3? I have Directv, does anyone know if it's available to Directv customers? TIA

Originally posted by DaddyRooster:
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the SECN+ network. I see where most of our home baseball games are on SECN+ and I don't know what that is. Is it the same as SECN alt? Is it like ESPN3? I have Directv, does anyone know if it's available to Directv customers? TIA
SECN+ vs SECN is somewhat like ESPN2's relationship to ESPN. I know that both Comcast Atlanta and Hargray Hilton Head/Beaufort carry SECN in their lineup but not SECN+. Other carriers do have SECN+ in their TV lineup. Regarding DirecTv, you probably need to reach out to them to find out their offerings, or hopefully another subscriber knowledgeable in this area will read our postings and reply.

Both both Comcast Atlanta and Hargray Hilton Head/Beaufort have SECN and SECN+ as a part of their Watch ESPN internet subscription package, although SECN+ appears to be more like ESPN3 in that you can select from among multiple sporting events to view live at the same time.

SECN+ is the online only version of SECN. It is not in the channel lineup on TV. It is not the same as the SECN Alternate channels that we have on Comcast.

Your provider has to enter into a contract to carry SECN+ online, similar to the way some have ESPN3 and some don't.

Luckily...I have it with Comcast :).

SEC+ is like having ESPN3. You can only watch it on your computer. It's great because it gives you options to watch lots of games in a TV quality broadcast - but these are the games that aren't broadcast on the "real" TV station, so you can only watch them online. But you get to pick from a menu so you can watch lots of other sports and games from other schools.

The downside - if you live in SC and are on Time Warner Cable or a provider that offers SEC Network TV but NOT SEC Network+ (you have to create a login to view it), then you're screwed and cannot watch. I switched to AT&T U-verse for that reason.

All of SC's home baseball games that are NOT on the regular SEC Network TV or ESPN etc, will be on SEC Network+. That's most of the games. So if you are on TWC or one of those other carriers, you won't be able to watch many SC baseball games unless you go to the stadium. It's not the network or the school's fault though, it's the cable provider. That's what I was told and why I switched!

Hope that makes sense.

We have Apple TV hooked up and the ESPN channels are on it. We go to ESPN watch and we have to put in our Comcast info/password and everything is available on the big screen.

Thanks for clarifying/correcting me, Batgirl - much appreciated.

Interesting that Comcast Charleston carries the SEC Alternate Channel, but Comcast Atlanta doesn't (or if they do, I have no idea where in the lineup it is).

I guess that the non-SEC road games may be televised/streamed, but not by USC and not as part of the SEC TV package, e.g., the game at El Cid may be streamed from the Bulldogs' web page, and one has to pay them for the viewing privilege.

Originally posted by atl-cock:
Thanks for clarifying/correcting me, Batgirl - much appreciated.

Interesting that Comcast Charleston carries the SEC Alternate Channel, but Comcast Atlanta doesn't (or if they do, I have no idea where in the lineup it is).

I guess that the non-SEC road games may be televised/streamed, but not by USC and not as part of the SEC TV package, e.g., the game at El Cid may be streamed from the Bulldogs' web page, and one has to pay them for the viewing privilege.
Our SEC-Alternate channels (276-277) are just below the SD SECN channel (278). I don't have alternate channels in HD, just the one. Perhaps you can find them there in the Comcast-ATL lineup.

You can pretty much guess the Friday Clemsux game will be on FSS, not sure about the Saturday game at Fluor (I'll be there so not too worried about that).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT