ADVERTISEMENT

*Sheldon Jeter notes*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Elrod

Sep 22, 2003
2012 forward Sheldon Jeter is in flight back to Pennsylvania after visiting USC this weekend. I've spoken with a couple people who said everything seemed to go really well with his visit. I should have Jeter's reaction once he gets back home.

I also spoke with someone from the Pennsylvania area that is very familiar with Jeter's strengths and weaknesses as a prospect. Here are his thoughts:
"I know his game well. He is about 6'7, 215. His improvement can be directly linked to adding strength over the past 12 months. He gained a lot of muscle during the summer and fall. That is what took him from a mid-major prospect to a no brainer high-major recruit. He projects as a combo forward. He is really long and can shoot it from deep pretty well. His ball handling is solid but that's the one area he needs improvement. He will likely put on another 10-15 pounds of muscle. I think he has a very high ceiling and would be a great get for a team looking to land a key piece this spring.

I went on to ask about hometown Pitt potentially offering Jeter a scholarship. Many think he will end up there if the offer does indeed come. Here are some thoughts on that:
"It is tough to tell about the Pitt offer. Beaver Falls' coach thinks it's coming soon and another Pittsburgh area source thinks so. I am personally unsure about the chances of an offer. A lot will depend on what else happens with one simmilar prospect who is just a bit higher on their board."

One more nugget to pass along. Jeter tweeted last night that he was able to speak on the phone over the weekend with two former Darrin Horn players, Dwyane Wade and Courtney Lee. I will get his thoughts on this when I speak to him later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News