ADVERTISEMENT

Should've hired Gregg Marshall when the chance was there. I mean...

jsusc

Aug 12, 2004
...Frank is a good coach, but this is about his limit. We'll be lucky to squeak into the tournament and will likely lose in the first round. Give Marshall the keys to this program and within 2-3 years we'll be winning big. But next year Frank will still be on the bench and we will be much worse also after Thornwell leaves.

...Frank is a good coach, but this is about his limit. We'll be lucky to squeak into the tournament and will likely lose in the first round. Give Marshall the keys to this program and within 2-3 years we'll be winning big. But next year Frank will still be on the bench and we will be much worse also after Thornwell leaves.
Greg Marshall wouldn't have stopped the miracle shots Arkansas made!

Reactions: trekcock and USC-1
I'm not a GM fan but if/when FM leaves, I hope we hire GM. I'll then eat my crow if he's successful. However if he's not, these in the relentless GM Admiration Society will sthu and his name will be one of which we speak of no more.

Reactions: 92Pony
If you love Gregg Marshall more than the Gamecocks than by all means go follow him and Wichita St and get the hell off this board. If you love the gamecocks rejoice in the fact that FM has resurrected this program from the dead and find a way to appreciate what he has done for your team!

If you love Gregg Marshall more than the Gamecocks than by all means go follow him and Wichita St and get the hell off this board. If you love the gamecocks rejoice in the fact that FM has resurrected this program from the dead and find a way to appreciate what he has done for your team!

Just curious what he has done for our team........I love the Gamecocks but I love to field winning teams that compete for championships. I don't see that happening under Martin. I wish we had some bench depth but apparently, we don't. That's recruiting.

Just curious what he has done for our team........I love the Gamecocks but I love to field winning teams that compete for championships. I don't see that happening under Martin. I wish we had some bench depth but apparently, we don't. That's recruiting.

WHATS HE DONE!!??? Did you start following the gamecocks yesterday? Before he came the fricking announcers publicly mocked us on national tv. Darrin Horn took our Money, told the players to abandon the school, and publicly said that it was not his fault and that NO ONE COULD EVER WIN AT USC. The talent level could not have won the MEAC, it is now the equal of any team in the league except UK.

Reactions: roosterbell
People only bring up Gregg Marshall, where did all the love for Anthony Grant go?

anthony_grant_icon_7806983.jpg

Come on now, all of you know if we had hired Marshall when we hired Frank...who is a good...not great, but good coach...anyway, if we had hired Marshall then, we'd have won multiple tournament games by now and probably already be a contender to get to the Final 4. Frank is a good solid Ford Focus that will get you reliably from point A to point B, but Marshall here at USC would be our Maybach.

Reactions: CockPete
Dave Odom won two NIT Championships here that is way more than Martins accomplishments. Everyone was ready to see Odom leave. Odom > Martin

WHATS HE DONE!!??? Did you start following the gamecocks yesterday? Before he came the fricking announcers publicly mocked us on national tv. Darrin Horn took our Money, told the players to abandon the school, and publicly said that it was not his fault and that NO ONE COULD EVER WIN AT USC. The talent level could not have won the MEAC, it is now the equal of any team in the league except UK.

Apparently it must have been around Feb 5, 2017....:D

Once again, marshall had his chance and he held out for too much money. His loss.

He will never be fired. Tanner doesn't the gonads to do that!!!

What a laugh!! If he was only winning 12-15 games a year, yes, Tanner would have the "gonads" to fire him. Right now, it is absolutely ludicrous for that to even be a topic on this board.

Hmmm, last time I looked at the SEC standings, we were one game out of first. I, for one, consider that "competing" for championships.

Reactions: roosterbell
Come on now, all of you know if we had hired Marshall when we hired Frank...who is a good...not great, but good coach...anyway, if we had hired Marshall then, we'd have won multiple tournament games by now and probably already be a contender to get to the Final 4. Frank is a good solid Ford Focus that will get you reliably from point A to point B, but Marshall here at USC would be our Maybach.
Marshall was not available. Remember he was alredy at WSU and said he was not interested in the USC job.

Dave Odom won two NIT Championships here that is way more than Martins accomplishments. Everyone was ready to see Odom leave. Odom > Martin
Odom took over a team that went to the NIT the year before and maintained that level for several years. Frank took over a team that was ranked about 298 out of 310 Division 1 schools. Frank has improved the team every year.

Odom took over a team that went to the NIT the year before and maintained that level for several years. Frank took over a team that was ranked about 298 out of 310 Division 1 schools. Frank has improved the team every year.

I agree unless we don't make the tourney.

Where is Wichita State ranked with Greg Marshall. We have had back to back 20 win seasons but everyone is on here pissing and whining because we are not competing for national championships. I think what Frank Martin is doing is fabulous. No matter who is coach if we are not getting top ranked recruits like the Dukes and Kentuckys year after year then we wont be able to compete with them. It seems like 5 or 6 years ago you same people were complaining about Dawn Staley and all she has done is win 118 out of here last 131 games. Give me a break and start supporting our coaches. Half of you guys never go to the games and support our kids and coaches. But you are the first ones to complain. SUCK IT UP!!! GO COCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Gradstudent
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT