ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day!

Thanks for attempting to provide a summary. Meanwhile on the other (on3) board TPTB decided it was a great idea to spam the free forum with a separate post for every person who signs. 🙄

I'm not paying even a dime into GT. Not now; not ever. I'm not broke. I'm probably upper middle class. But I'd rather pay (and do donate annually) to St. Judes Children Cancer Hospital, the Greenville Hospital for Disabled Children, my local Salvation Army, my local animal shelter, a local Childrens' Home for abused children, a local agency to help needy elderly people with food, utility and transportation bills, the Red Cross and UNICEF. If a free education is not enough for these teenagers, then go straight to the NFL to get paid. They are not using me. I don't get a big enough thrill from winning a lousy football game. Sure, I'd like to win. But it's not that important to me.

I'm not paying even a dime into GT. Not now; not ever. I'm not broke. I'm probably upper middle class. But I'd rather pay (and do donate annually) to St. Judes Children Cancer Hospital, the Greenville Hospital for Disabled Children, my local Salvation Army, my local animal shelter, a local Childrens' Home for abused children, a local agency to help needy elderly people with food, utility and transportation bills, the Red Cross and UNICEF. If a free education is not enough for these teenagers, then go straight to the NFL to get paid. They are not using me. I don't get a big enough thrill from winning a lousy football game. Sure, I'd like to win. But it's not that important to me.
This!

Amen to that! Not a dime to GT My money is going to Thornewell Home for children, Samaritan’s Purse, Tunnel to Towers, and of course several churches.

Amen to that! Not a dime to GT My money is going to Thornewell Home for children, Samaritan’s Purse, Tunnel to Towers, and of course several churches.
Yeah, I’m not spending my money to go to some “kid” to play football. I’ll just go and pick up fishing and outdoor hobbies. These kids have no loyalty anymore. Pay 2 play has ruined everything.

Yeah, I left out my church. In fact, in addition to the regular contribution, it was increased significantly for an 18-month period, to its capital campaign to replace the entire roof, heating and air condition system, plumbing etc.

I don't know how NIL works. But, cannot the schools put money into NIL on their own? For goodness sakes, we get SEC TV monies, which is about to get a big boost. And what about the coaches? No one benefits more from all this than the coaches. They, from the Head Coach on down, can earmark part of their OUT OF CONTROL and ridiculously high salaries into it.

And what about the coaches? No one benefits more from all this than the coaches. They, from the Head Coach on down, can earmark part of their OUT OF CONTROL and ridiculously high salaries into it.
You are right. Getting a P5 coaching gig is like hitting the lottery. They have the most to gain by donating to the NIL. The money will come back to them with huge pay increases for winning seasons.

Reactions: ElectricalCock89
Good gracious. These kids today are broken.
A lot of stuff is broken in this world and yet we continue to contribute to the problem instead of find a better solution. I liked it better when teams had to cheat to win. Now I'm being called broke because I don't want to give my money to a kid with no morals, ethics, manners, maturity, responsibility or loyalty.

What is the deal with Jayden McGowan? Another "kid" having trouble making an adult decision.

I just watched half of the halftime show of the Birmingham bowl and all they talked about was the transfer portal MONEY and the conference affiliation MONEY.
Screw this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT