ADVERTISEMENT

So I see the Neil Young leaving Spotify

tngamecock#

Sep 10, 2000
thread is blocked. Someone posted Joni Mitchell is leaving in support of Neil.

Irony: performers who made a name for themselves with anti-government, less government, power to the people, and anti-establishment lyrics……are now protesting people who promote that very thing.

Irony: performers who made a name for themselves with anti-government, less government, power to the people, and anti-establishment lyrics……are now protesting people who promote that very thing.

They likely disagree with your characterization of what those other people are promoting. I tend to think it's more than that.

But it's the right of Mitchell and Young and anyone else to do just that as we all know.

I mean how many times has Conservative Fox News blasted Taylor Swift or told us how they don't like her music that much but at the same time tell us they wish she'd stick to music - while having on Ted Nugent to tell us his political opinion.

Everyone is hypocritical when it comes to political issues.

They likely disagree with your characterization of what those other people are promoting. I tend to think it's more than that.

But it's the right of Mitchell and Young and anyone else to do just that as we all know.

I mean how many times has Conservative Fox News blasted Taylor Swift or told us how they don't like her music that much but at the same time tell us they wish she'd stick to music - while having on Ted Nugent to tell us his political opinion.

Everyone is hypocritical when it comes to political issues.
I am totally with you on people having the right to choose. They can choose to leave and Spotify can choose to let them go. It’s called a free world. Do you know what’s really funny, I’ll bet if you asked them what they disagreed with Joe Rogan about, they probably couldn’t tell you. Maybe they believe there should be vaccine mandates, and Rogan doesn’t. Maybe they believe in strict gun control, and Joe doesn’t . But on most things Rogan would be considered a Kennedy democrat. So again it perplexes me that this is even an issue but to each his own.

Last edited:
Reactions: turncock
Look, you can take the singer/songwriter out of the 60’s/70’s, but you can’t take the…

has anyone listened to Joni Mitchell? I’ve only heard a couple of songs and wasn’t compelled to listen to more. But she’s famous as a musician for a reason. Anything that needs to be checked out?

I am totally with you on people having the right to choose. They can choose to leave and Spotify can choose to let them go. It’s called a free world. Do you know what’s really funny, I’ll bet if you asked them what they disagreed with Joe Rogan about, they probably couldn’t tell you. Maybe they believe there should be vaccine mandates, and Rogan doesn’t. Maybe they believe in strip gun control, and Joe doesn’t . But on most things Rogan would be considered a Kennedy democrat. So again it perplexes me that this is even an issue but to each his own.

Maybe they disagree with him on a lot of things. I don't know.

Maybe they don't think he'd be considered a "Kennedy Democrat" whatever that is supposed to mean now (I mean John Kennedy was quite liberal on most things contrary to what some people seem to think now). I mean that was 60 years ago. I doubt John Kennedy would have never, ever changed if he had lived another 40 years. Most people change.

I think people some people seem to have a very high regard for Joe Rogan. Maybe Young and others just don't like him. Maybe they disagree with a lot of what he says. Maybe they don't like his style.

Maybe they do like him but disagree on a few key things that are deal breakers for them. Maybe they barely know anything about him but heard something that upset them.

I don't know. I've never listened to him and don't plan to. But everyone is different.

I am totally with you on people having the right to choose. They can choose to leave and Spotify can choose to let them go. It’s called a free world. Do you know what’s really funny, I’ll bet if you asked them what they disagreed with Joe Rogan about, they probably couldn’t tell you. Maybe they believe there should be vaccine mandates, and Rogan doesn’t. Maybe they believe in strip gun control, and Joe doesn’t . But on most things Rogan would be considered a Kennedy democrat. So again it perplexes me that this is even an issue but to each his own.
Liberal moderates have become some of the biggest critics of the far whacky left. There's a great piece this morning in NYT about the unprecedented deep state funding which pushed Biden to victory. These corporations and bankers found their favorite puppet and now they run the show. It's not traditional special interest items that we've come to expect from both parties. It's been a brash takeover.

In fairness, that was needed to counter the deep state funding that tried to re-elect Donald Trump.
It's true, but imagine having to completely sell your country's soul to defeat a candidate that half the country despised? All they had to do was produce a halfway decent candidate and they couldn't come up with one.

Neil Young protested the unnecessary killings of college students in Ohio, he did not give his unsolicited, non-expert opinion on something which could affect the health of the general public. Continually

I'm beginning to think this was a ploy just to get talked about again.

If his contract had run up with Spotify, and just wasn't renewed, would anyone more than half a dozen people in the country care?

But now he's in the news again.

I just read that Joni Mitchell was now demanding to have her music taken off Spotify. If it were me I'd be like, "don't be twisting my arm now." 😄

If his contract had run up with Spotify, and just wasn't renewed, would anyone more than half a dozen people in the country care?

Little to do with Rogan or Young. It's about the Beverly Hills crowd (and others) with concierge access to the best healthcare in the world trying to leverage their celebrity to offset their fear.

No, the 6-month old in Montana with a developing immune system and no risk of COVID does not need to take a shot every five months for the rest of their life because you are sacred.

Reactions: Cybercock
It's true, but imagine having to completely sell your country's soul to defeat a candidate that half the country despised? All they had to do was produce a halfway decent candidate and they couldn't come up with one.

Who is they? I haven't seen either party come up with someone truly worthy of the job.

Too much $$$ involved. The people who would be best for the job don't want it.

Plus they can typically get what they want without actually dealing with all the stress.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
I
I just read that Joni Mitchell was now demanding to have her music taken off Spotify. If it were me I'd be like, "don't be twisting my arm now."
if he were still alive, that would be like Tiny Tim demanding to have his music taken off Spotify

Who is they? I haven't seen either party come up with someone truly worthy of the job.

Too much $$$ involved. The people who would be best for the job don't want it.

Plus they can typically get what they want without actually dealing with all the stress.

You can find people like a Mark Cuban (left) and a Desantis to run. We have to get rid of the total sellout candidates.

Look at what is going on in Canada right now with the truckers and crowds. That is a working template.

You can find people like a Mark Cuban (left) and a Desantis to run. We have to get rid of the total sellout candidates.

Look at what is going on in Canada right now with the truckers and crowds. That is a working template.

Cuban is fine. Probably won't do it. Similar to others.

DeSantis imo is a prime example of what I don't want.

Right, left, middle whatever. Anyone who sells their soul for their political career is not who I want as president.

Senate, congress, governor to a degree. It's kind of expected and necessary. Not for president though.

Y'all worried about who's going to be POTUS. I got news for you. In 2024 it will be Trump or DeSantis vs. Clinton. Get ready now.

Cuban is fine. Probably won't do it. Similar to others.

DeSantis imo is a prime example of what I don't want.

Right, left, middle whatever. Anyone who sells their soul for their political career is not who I want as president.

Senate, congress, governor to a degree. It's kind of expected and necessary. Not for president though.
Maybe so. It's a total wreck right now. It used to be something one could ignore but that time has past.

Maybe so. It's a total wreck right now. It used to be something one could ignore but that time has past.

Bottom line is these corporations have figured out how to maintain control no matter who is president.

It's really the most inconsequential election we have but garners the most attention.

Bottom line is these corporations have figured out how to maintain control no matter who is president.

It's really the most inconsequential election we have but garners the most attention.
Let's see what 50,000 truckers and 1.4 million people showing up on your doorstop can accomplish.

Let's see what 50,000 truckers and 1.4 million people showing up on your doorstop can accomplish.

All of those people can be easily swayed by the media. Look at the $$$ there. It's insane.

I always find it funny when I listen to "free thinkers" because it's so easy to find where their "ideas" come from.

What? Mookie, look at the censorship happening right now. It's like nothing we've ever seen. Neil Young publicly tried to ride that wave and got shut down.
Where was the government involved? He ended a contract with a company. Were books or music being banned?

Where was the government involved? He ended a contract with a company. Were books or music being banned?
If you want to end a contract with a company, do it. You don't need to pull in vaccine politics and cancel culture in the process.

BTW, the reason the government is being talked about in this thread is because of a NYT article today about just how compromised the last election was by deep state interests.

If you want to end a contract with a company, do it. You don't need to pull in vaccine politics and cancel culture in the process.

BTW, the reason the government is being talked about in this thread is because of a NYT article today about just how compromised the last election was by deep state interests.
I will sit out the deep state discussion. Thanks. The cool thing about the deep state and conspiracies is that nobody can argue with it. Particularly when you're arguing with someone that thinks one "side" is the good one, it is the height of futility and idiocy.

Reactions: Dizzy01
I will sit out the deep state discussion. Thanks. The cool thing about the deep state and conspiracies is that nobody can argue with it. Particularly when you're arguing with someone that thinks one "side" is the good one, it is the height of futility and idiocy.
The New York Times is into conspiracies now? Didn't they come up with that term to deflect? Now they are openly discussing deep state and were able to track back to source. What a difference a year makes.

The New York Times is into conspiracies now? Didn't they come up with that term to deflect? Now they are openly discussing deep state and were able to track back to source. What a difference a year makes.
Wait, they're mainstream..

Many SM sites these days don’t allow their ‘clientele’ to choose what each ‘client’ wants to censor. FB, Twitter, and others are left, and have censored Trump and other conservatives. I certainly didn’t agree with Donald Trump on some issues. If you don’t like a particular SOB, or disagree with that SOB, then turn the damn channel, or don’t listen. Put your big boy pants on America. Others choosing your ability at content is a damn slippery slope! If one watches all FOX or all CNN, then you aren’t getting the whole story. You’re getting an agenda or narratives from one viewpoint.

Many SM sites these days don’t allow their ‘clientele’ to choose what each ‘client’ wants to censor. FB, Twitter, and others are left, and have censored Trump and other conservatives. I certainly didn’t agree with Donald Trump on some issues. If you don’t like a particular SOB, or disagree with that SOB, then turn the damn channel, or don’t listen. Put your big boy pants on America. Others choosing your ability at content is a damn slippery slope! If one watches all FOX or all CNN, then you aren’t getting the whole story. You’re getting an agenda or narratives from one viewpoint.
Indemnity is the main issue. We're all paying for it. There's an avalanche of lawsuits directed these companies and Section 230. Let's hope they blow a hole through it.

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

If you watched fox News and CNN evenly you might get 50% of both sides but you would only get 20% of the truth.

I've sat in bars and homes with people watching the news discuss legislation they wrote. Its pretty comical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT