ADVERTISEMENT

So I see the Neil Young leaving Spotify

I cry BS. If you want the truth, watch Fox. If you want a bunch of liberal hacks disguised as newspeople, watch CNN/MSNBC. As far as Neil and the liberals, they used to welcome all opinions. Now a lot of them want to shut down anyone with a different opinion, which they label "dis/misinformation." Sad state of affairs in our country.

Reactions: importcock
I cry BS. If you want the truth, watch Fox. If you want a bunch of liberal hacks disguised as newspeople, watch CNN/MSNBC. As far as Neil and the liberals, they used to welcome all opinions. Now a lot of them want to shut down anyone with a different opinion, which they label "dis/misinformation." Sad state of affairs in our country.
Do you watch Tucker Carlson?

Reactions: Dizzy01
True only for celebrities and people who suffer from narcissistic personality disorder.
The late James Garner ("Maverick" and "Rockford" ) was once asked what he'd prefer, fame or fortune. Without skipping a beat he said, "Fortune. Fame is fleeting".

If you watched fox News and CNN evenly you might get 50% of both sides but you would only get 20% of the truth.

I've sat in bars and homes with people watching the news discuss legislation they wrote. Its pretty comical.

That's just not true. For the most part, FoxNews gets it right with a conservative spin. What you get from CNN/MSNBC is straight party propaganda from the left.

DNC leaked emails proved that.

Isn't Neil Canadian? I love his music, been a fan a long long time, but I learned a long time ago to overlook political views or you won't have many artists to listen to! If Neil feels that strongly apout the stance of a company playing his music then so be it, I wouldn't hold it against him or Joni and if I want to listen to them I'll just put on one of their disks or albums I purchased.

Reactions: lostcock
That's just not true. For the most part, FoxNews gets it right with a conservative spin. What you get from CNN/MSNBC is straight party propaganda from the left.

I guess it depends on what you want. I've seen enough fox news to know how they operate.

It's the same as CNN. What they are saying might be totally true. But it's what they aren't saying that's even more important.

Like editing a clip of someone speaking. Both networks do it. Fox is better at it.

Reactions: DeeDave
I guess it depends on what you want. I've seen enough fox news to know how they operate.

It's the same as CNN. What they are saying might be totally true. But it's what they aren't saying that's even more important.

Like editing a clip of someone speaking. Both networks do it. Fox is better at it.

Not really. That has been an issue with all of them since forever, but CNN took it to a new level by doing it to high school kids (Nick Sandmann) from the demographic they hate the most.

But what you saw with the fake russian dossier for 3 years vs the real Hunter Biden laptop was beyond anything we have ever seen in the media. Biden should literally have to claim their news coverage as a campaign donation. MSNBC/CNN constantly gaslight their audience. Like I said earlier, the leaked DNC emails tell the story. They literally email the DNC and get the stories and how they want them covered. CNN actually reached out to the DNC to get the questions they need to ask Trump.

No media is perfect, but what you see from the MSM today is nothing less than American Pravda.

You know there are sites that track statements and predictions made on cable news shows. None of them, including Fox, are very good at actual predictions, etc.. In fact, all of them are pretty bad.

The problem is that folks that lean one way or the other find a way to justify and rationalize the channel they identify with the most.

The interesting thing to me about cable news shows is 1) what they focus on 2) what they ignore.
Often the bias is most revealed in what they don't cover.

For example, Fox spends a lot of air time talking about "crime in Democratic cities and states." In fact, they focus a big part of their network coverage on this issue.

But Fox never mentions or spends time talking about why Republican led cities or states have seen dramatic increases in crime. They simply never mention it or tell their viewers that cities and states led by Republicans and Democrats have faced many of the same problems.

For example - October 21, 2021 per WIS-TV- "On Monday, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel spoke about high crime rates. He said murders are up 51% statewide in the last five years, which he attributed to drugs and increased gun usage."

Take a look at Texas. Fox News talks a lot about Texas- positives though. They haven't spent any time talking about how murders in Texas are way up. Murders in the entire state increased a whopping 37 percent from 1,403 murders in 2019 to 1,927 in 2020 . But this is not covered on Fox because a Republican is Governor and it's a GOP dominated state.

But this would never be covered on Fox News. They wouldn't focus on this or discuss it all day long on various shows because South Carolina is a Republican led state, led by a supporter of former President Trump. SO Fox is going to ignore crime stats in South Carolina and other Republican states and just focus on Democratic states like it only happens there.

Regarding CNN and MSNBC, CNN often focuses their coverage on some crazy thing a Republican politician said somewhere. But a viewer would likely never know that a Democratic official in Texas last year called Tim Scott an "Oreo" because CNN and especially MSNBC either didn't mention it or basically ignored it.

Last edited:
Not really. That has been an issue with all of them since forever, but CNN took it to a new level by doing it to high school kids (Nick Sandmann) from the demographic they hate the most.

But what you saw with the fake russian dossier for 3 years vs the real Hunter Biden laptop was beyond anything we have ever seen in the media. Biden should literally have to claim their news coverage as a campaign donation. MSNBC/CNN constantly gaslight their audience. Like I said earlier, the leaked DNC emails tell the story. They literally email the DNC and get the stories and how they want them covered. CNN actually reached out to the DNC to get the questions they need to ask Trump.

No media is perfect, but what you see from the MSM today is nothing less than American Pravda.

You do realize Fox News is facing multiple lawsuits as we speak about their obviously wrong reporting about Dominion Voting Systems? Just last month a judge rejected a bid by Fox to dismiss the lawsuit.

I mean we all saw where Fox News ordered hosts like Lou Dobbs, Judge Jeanine, Maria Bartiromo, and several Fox Business hosts to air public service announcements refuting their own reporting.

I'm not singling out Fox News here. I'm saying it's folly to believe they are better than anyone else with their own propaganda.

I mean their hosts like Lou Dobbs and Sean Hannity openly participated in Trump Administration staff meetings.

All these cable news outlets are full of crap.

CNN literally lied about Nick Sandmann, and then allowed one of their employees to tweet about punching a 15 year old in the face with no consequence. And yes, that is "our" Bakari Sellers.

CNN literally lied about Nick Sandmann, and then allowed one of their employees to tweet about punching a 15 year old in the face with no consequence. And yes, that is "our" Bakari Sellers.

Yes, I know.

(Sellers is not a CNN employee. He's a paid contributor)

I didn't defend CNN. But I'm not going to defend Fox either.

Sadly the MSM has enabled corruption in our political system with their protective services. Our checks against corruption by the govt itself need to evolve because of it. Investigations that lead to no consequences where daylight and bad press was a sufficient punishment should end. Heads need to start rolling and no more wasting time in committees unless that is the end game. That's the only way this game ends imo. Hiding behind the media has to stop and if the media can't help them, well that's good.

And that terrorist trash is one of the leading candidates to take Clyburn's place once he's gone.

So you don't approve of people threatening someone?

I mean this is not new on either side. I am not sure why people think it is only one sided. I mean there are many examples of it on all sides. We just seem to get mad when it's the other guys.

“I really don't want to have to end anybody's life for the good of the people of the United States of America. ... But if it needs to be done, it needs to be done," William Braddock says in the clip.

You do realize Fox News is facing multiple lawsuits as we speak about their obviously wrong reporting about Dominion Voting Systems? Just last month a judge rejected a bid by Fox to dismiss the lawsuit.

I mean we all saw where Fox News ordered hosts like Lou Dobbs, Judge Jeanine, Maria Bartiromo, and several Fox Business hosts to air public service announcements refuting their own reporting.

I'm not singling out Fox News here. I'm saying it's folly to believe they are better than anyone else with their own propaganda.

I mean their hosts like Lou Dobbs and Sean Hannity openly participated in Trump Administration staff meetings.

All these cable news outlets are full of crap.

Yes, some FN commentators falsely reported some machine voting issues. Dobbs was fired, and the others issued corrections.

CNN and MSNBC NEVER corrected anything about their lies regarding the fake dossier and real Hunter Biden laptop. In fact, the HIRED Andrew McCabe, the FBI deputy director that used the fake dossier in his biased investigation against the Trump campaign. A politicized investigation that made Watergate look like child play.

And the rumor about Dobbs and Hannity being in meetings was came from a questionable source, but Hannity was very transparent about the fact and openly stated that he had been friends with Trump for many years, long before he ran for President. And Trump didn't hide that he had a large circle of "advisors". Other Fox hosts weren't so cozy, and openly questioned Trump. Dobbs was a shill for Trump, but literally everybody in the MSM is Joe Biden's Lou Dobbs. Again, Fox also fired him.

Reactions: cockn'fyr

I mean this is not new on either side. I am not sure why people think it is only one sided. I mean there are many examples of it on all sides. We just seem to get mad when it's the other guys.

“I really don't want to have to end anybody's life for the good of the people of the United States of America. ... But if it needs to be done, it needs to be done," William Braddock says in the clip.

That was in Florida in a Republican primary from some nutjob that never had a chance of being the Republican candidate and was never elected to anything against the GOP favorite. I mean, it's not like he went to a softball field and shot up a bunch of people from the opposite party, something the MSM treated as a 2 day news story.

He will not acknowledge that his "side" is anything but good. It is really remarkable. They talk about character and you see the type of people they support.. the irony is unbelievable.

Reactions: 2TimeTiger

Look, rollerDee123, I never said it was all on one side. Of course, this guy had zero chance of winning, but Sellers would be a frontrunner in the dim primary. Further, it is beyond obvious that feral democrats and other assorted leftists are far more uncivilized.

He will not acknowledge that his "side" is anything but good. It is really remarkable. They talk about character and you see the type of people they support.. the irony is unbelievable.
Look at any of my posts. Where have I mentioned "character?" The people you support, and the lowest common denominator they represent, are the worst this country has to offer. And are far more dangerous than any foreign entity. Al Queda, ISIS...they can be beaten, or at least controlled....but leftist terrorists and their sympathizers here are like a cancer, decaying the body from the inside.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Look at any of my posts. Where have I mentioned "character?" The people you support, and the lowest common denominator they represent, are the worst this country has to offer. And are far more dangerous than any foreign entity. Al Queda, ISIS...they can be beaten, or at least controlled....but leftist terrorists and their sympathizers here are like a cancer, decaying the body from the inside.
Since we've dumbed it down this far, I assume you believe the January 6 people were on my "side". This is productive.

Since we've dumbed it down this far, I assume you believe the January 6 people were on my "side". This is productive.
Don't get so bitter with me, MookieBlaylock9, because I realize you're as transparent as my kitchen window. And I voted for Gary Johnson and Jo Jorgensen, so you can just stifle any "but Trump" rhetoric.

That was in Florida in a Republican primary from some nutjob that never had a chance of being the Republican candidate and was never elected to anything against the GOP favorite. I mean, it's not like he went to a softball field and shot up a bunch of people from the opposite party, something the MSM treated as a 2 day news story.

So, when sitting Congressman Paul Gosar posted dumb videos talking about killing a Democrat or the President- that was just fun and games and no big deal, right?

Now that’s funny right there. Sounds like you are okay with deep state stuff then.

Well, I am more perplexed at the people that adopted the "deep state" this and the "deep state" that after Trump started doing it like parrots mimicking their owner.

I mean, of all people to whine about the "deep state," is a man whose business properties were openly courting business investments of foreign governments while he was in office.

I've against the "deep state" as much as anyone else. But I'm not going to pretend that Donald Trump and Donald Trump's business supporters weren't eyebrow deep in the deep state themselves.

And the rumor about Dobbs and Hannity being in meetings was came from a questionable source, but Hannity was very transparent about the fact and openly stated that he had been friends with Trump for many years, long before he ran for President. And Trump didn't hide that he had a large circle of "advisors". Other Fox hosts weren't so cozy, and openly questioned Trump. Dobbs was a shill for Trump, but literally everybody in the MSM is Joe Biden's Lou Dobbs. Again, Fox also fired him.
Rumor?

Seems like you have a bit of a habit of downplaying certain information that doesn't exactly coincide with your political opinions.

"There were times the president would come down the next morning and say, 'Well, Sean [Hannity] thinks we should do this,' or, 'Judge Jeanine [Pirro] thinks we should do this,'" said Stephanie Grisham, former White House Press Secretary told the paper.

Grisham told the paper that Fox News hosts weighed in on everything from personnel to messaging strategy.

Alyssa Farah, a former White House communications director, told the Post that staffers would "try to get ahead of what advice you thought he was going to be given by these people" because their opinions "could completely change his mind on something."

Farah told the paper that Trump particularly valued the opinions of Lou Dobbs, Hannity, Ingraham, and Pirro.

Michael Pillsbury, an informal Trump adviser, told the paper that the former president embraced Sidney Powell, the lawyer known for her promotion of conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, after watching her on Dobbs' show.

"It taught me the power of the young producers at Fox, and Fox Business especially," Pillsbury told the paper.

Jeff Cohen, the author of "Cable News Confidential: My Misadventures in Corporate Media" told the paper that even though they are opinion journalists, the Fox News hosts violated the public trust by not disclosing the full extent of their relationship.

So, when sitting Congressman Paul Gosar posted dumb videos talking about killing a Democrat or the President- that was just fun and games and no big deal, right?

Of course it was wrong. And I think he was fairly punished.

But this is about CNN, their lies about a 15 year old boy, and one of their then and current contributors threatening to assault an innocent minor. And nothing was done.

Look, rollerDee123, I never said it was all on one side. Of course, this guy had zero chance of winning, but Sellers would be a frontrunner in the dim primary. Further, it is beyond obvious that feral democrats and other assorted leftists are far more uncivilized.

I don't agree that Bakari Sellers would be a frontrunner for the Democratic Primary. That's unknowable and it's likely he wouldn't even run for such an office. He's never said anything about running for that office so you are just making it up at this point. There are others out there that would likely be in front of him.

I mean, it's not like we don't have a current GOP Congresswoman in Georgia that won office with a history of blaming "Jewish space lasers" for wild fires.

Of course it was wrong. And I think he was fairly punished.

But this is about CNN, their lies about a 15 year old boy, and one of their then and current contributors threatening to assault an innocent minor. And nothing was done.

He was punished by Democrats because the GOP Leader didn't do anything.

That should never happen. I don't want Democrats punishing a GOP member. They shouldn't have to do such a thing.

Both sides should be very willing to punish their own side- and No- Democrats haven't done a good job of that either.

Rumor?

Seems like you have a bit of a habit of downplaying certain information that doesn't exactly coincide with your political opinions.

"There were times the president would come down the next morning and say, 'Well, Sean [Hannity] thinks we should do this,' or, 'Judge Jeanine [Pirro] thinks we should do this,'" said Stephanie Grisham, former White House Press Secretary told the paper.

Grisham told the paper that Fox News hosts weighed in on everything from personnel to messaging strategy.

Alyssa Farah, a former White House communications director, told the Post that staffers would "try to get ahead of what advice you thought he was going to be given by these people" because their opinions "could completely change his mind on something."

Farah told the paper that Trump particularly valued the opinions of Lou Dobbs, Hannity, Ingraham, and Pirro.

Grisham is hardly credible. And like I said, Trump listened to a lot of people, but nobody told him what to do or think. That is for sure. And like I said, Trump knew many of these people for decades before he ever ran for President.

That's completely different than what is happening now. Biden handlers decide the policy. Biden puts it out in public in a garbled mess of a press conference, and the MSM parrot it almost word for word across all their stations.

Grisham is hardly credible. And like I said, Trump listened to a lot of people, but nobody told him what to do or think. That is for sure. And like I said, Trump knew many of these people for decades before he ever ran for President.

That's completely different than what is happening now. Biden handlers decide the policy. Biden puts it out in public in a garbled mess of a press conference, and the MSM parrot it almost word for word across all their stations.

Why is Stephanie Grisham not credible?

Why is Alyssa Farrah not credible?

Why is Michael Pillsbury not credible?

and if their accounts aren't credible about him listening to cable news hosts, why did Trump so often confound GOP leaders in the House and Senate by saying one thing on a policy and then backing out after Fox News would come out against something leaving folks like McConnell confused?

I don't agree that Bakari Sellers would be a frontrunner for the Democratic Primary. That's unknowable and it's likely he wouldn't even run for such an office. He's never said anything about running for that office so you are just making it up at this point. There are others out there that would likely be in front of him.

I mean, it's not like we don't have a current GOP Congresswoman in Georgia that won office with a history of blaming "Jewish space lasers" for wild fires.
I think thebittertruth is correct about you being rollerdumb. Just admit it. BTW....

https://www.postandcourier.com/poli...cle_cf36057e-440b-11e9-bc23-57d1e877cd98.html

He was punished by Democrats because the GOP Leader didn't do anything.

That should never happen. I don't want Democrats punishing a GOP member. They shouldn't have to do such a thing.

Both sides should be very willing to punish their own side- and No- Democrats haven't done a good job of that either.

Why should they do it when Democrats certainly don't do it for their own?

While they impeach a President for a "quid pro quo" while running a guy for President who is on video doing the same thing with the same country, and whose crackhead son is running around collecting money from every country in the world that hates us.

What policy does Biden handlers decide that Biden didn't campaign on or promote?

How is it "completely different" from Trump taking calls from Lou Dobbs or Sean Hannity and then changing his mind on something?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT