ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina 2015 Best Case Scenario: 9-4, 5-3 (link)

IDK, I think it's a tad bit insulting to say that our absolute ceiling in conference is 5-3. But that could be just me.

Reactions: chick75
not obvious enough for your dumb ass obviously, since it went over the top of your empty head by about three feet

Reactions: DaddyRooster
Since Lindy's has SC projected as the # 5 team in the East and # 12 overall in the SEC , I would say that the projection is quite generous. That is of course unless you believe that Lindy's is published by people with orange colored glasses.

I think it will depend on how well Mitch plays and we have no idea how that is going to be. The defense will be better this year and if the offense plays with any consistency we could be decent.

Believe it can happen...but we have our work cut out.
Do believe the defense is going to surprise some people and be much better...better coached....and hungry.
On the offensive side of the ball...we've got some play makers and some great talent. The QB position is the biggest question mark and could be the difference between another year like last year and an outstanding year. We will see.

you mean by some credible member of the media? not that I've seen yet, but as soon as i do I'll post it

Believe it can happen...but we have our work cut out.
Do believe the defense is going to surprise some people and be much better...better coached....and hungry.
On the offensive side of the ball...we've got some play makers and some great talent. The QB position is the biggest question mark and could be the difference between another year like last year and an outstanding year. We will see.
Unfortunately, I disagree. I think we're going to see the SC team of the 1970s and 1980s. Elliott has convinced me he's a Southern Conference assistant coach. Mitch looked awful last year, but more disturbing is the fact that I know some students who don't speak highly of him at all. The defense may be better, but that's not saying much. However, if you think newbies are coming in and will make an immediate impact in the SEC, you're dreaming. And, of course, we'll have the same ST and we'll have the same 3-headed offensive playing calling monster. I sincerely think we're a below .500 team this year. No superstars. No swag. Not enough elite talent. Too bad. But, that's what happens when you don't recruit for 3 years and when your HC is halfway out the door and won't make the necessary changes.

Reactions: Edisto_Viking
Unfortunately, I disagree. I think we're going to see the SC team of the 1970s and 1980s. Elliott has convinced me he's a Southern Conference assistant coach. Mitch looked awful last year, but more disturbing is the fact that I know some students who don't speak highly of him at all. The defense may be better, but that's not saying much. However, if you think newbies are coming in and will make an immediate impact in the SEC, you're dreaming. And, of course, we'll have the same ST and we'll have the same 3-headed offensive playing calling monster. I sincerely think we're a below .500 team this year. No superstars. No swag. Not enough elite talent. Too bad. But, that's what happens when you don't recruit for 3 years and when your HC is halfway out the door and won't make the necessary changes.
I like and admire Elliot. He has fire and drive but has had to deal with injuries. Mitch's HS stats were amazing. I hope that's the Mitch we see this year. I agree with you about the lazy recruiting during, for USC, those stellar 11-2 seasons. I also agree about HC not making the necessary changes. I just hope his mind is on FB this season and not on the golf course.

The best offensive lines of the Spurrier era have been under Elliot. All the success we've had with the zone read offense has been because of Elliot. I will admit that the offensive lines haven't quite lived up to the hype that they received in the preseasons but they have been a hell of a lot better than they were before Elliot came to USC. Mitch was not ready to play at all last season which is why we didn't see more of him. Spurrier had no confidence in him but that has changed. It doesn't mean that Mitch will be successful but Spurrier has the confidence in him now and I think that means a lot. Recruiting hasn't been lights out but its been consistent with where we've been throughout Spurrier's tenure. I doubt we win 11 games this year but we will win more than we won last season. I'm pretty confident about that.

Reactions: bmhood1984

I concur. In my opinion best case scenario would be same as last year. 7-6 and win the Geico Bowl.

When you can't generate a push with the size O Line we had last year then what will it take to do it? If we are going to win games it'll be running the football. A new QB and one great receiver won't get it done. So until the O Line actually overachieves I'm going to expect little and hope for a lot.

Reactions: bmhood1984
When you can't generate a push with the size O Line we had last year then what will it take to do it? If we are going to win games it'll be running the football. A new QB and one great receiver won't get it done. So until the O Line actually overachieves I'm going to expect little and hope for a lot.
It's my understanding that we run a zone blocking scheme where linemen block in space more than trying to push people around.

Lots and lots of naysayers... serious eyeroll...
yeah their taters and im sick of them hijacking every damn thread i come on and read....anyway, i would take 9-4 in a heartbeat......i really think the defense is going to be much better and surprise lots of people....i think we finish above .500

Last edited:
CaliCock said:
IDK, I think it's a tad bit insulting to say that our absolute ceiling in conference is 5-3. But that could be just me.

the truth insults you?

no, but what does that have to do with anything I said? you are laboring under a misunderstanding of the meaning of the word "truth". Saying "South Carolina's best case scenario is a 5-3 conference record" is not a "truth", it's an *opinion*, one that I labeled insulting.

Correctly, I might add.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT