ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Rattler to the portal

Carolina will be an attractive place for a talented transfer QB next year.
We are offering one of only 14 starting SEC QB positions. A great QB can come here and lead our team to a resurgence all while constantly being on TV and in the medias eye.
I have no idea if Rattler is the kind of guy who wants to do that and frankly last year our crack coaching staff chose a transfer QB they don't even trust to play at all, but if we get it right it can be great for the player.
I do question if TraineeShane and his 1AA staff can get it right tho.

One look at our offense and our chances are less than 0. Would you play for Beamer after seeing our first 8 games? No, you wouldn't.
Totally agree. This one statement in the article stood out above all else: "And his No. 1 goal is to be a first-round pick one day, so he will do what’s best in the end so he can achieve that goal."

If that is his #1 goal, then we don't have a snowball's chance in Hell.

Getting Rattler would be huge! We NEED a QB. Yes, we also need an OL and an OC. Maybe we can bring in Rattler, a new OL coach and/or OC. Not sure where the problem is here. The OL has blocked better as recently as last year. But a good QB would be great!

Cincy's offense would be a good fit for him.

Whatever ours is, it would not.
I am beginning to suspect ours is a magic 8 ball they shake to determine the next play. It is the only thing that can explain our playcalling. The coaches say this player is doing great so we will get him the ball more. Then he gets one or two plays.

First thought, why did he fall off this year? Injury? Distractions? Or did success go to his head, much like it appears it did to DJU?

Second, his “personal QB Coach” seems to be acting as his “street agent”. Someone will pick Rattler up, but will he be worth the associated issues that might follow him?

Beamer could be Spencer’s daddy and he still wouldn’t come here.
Positioning for the NFL is his goal!

Reactions: Lakecock1
Any qb that watches our oline this year will look elsewhere! No need to take undo risk if you plan on playing after college!

Is he even a good QB? He got benched at OU and his successor is killing it.

Last thing we need to do is bring in an overrated QB and expect him to do great.

We've had a few of those recently.

We ain’t getting Rattler. No way he’d come here with our lack of talent across the board. Now Clemson…if I’m Dabo…I’m bringing in this guy. He’s one of the cockiest and easiest guys to pull against ive seen in CFB. He would fit in well at Clemson and they’d immediately upgrade at the QB position.

Unfortunately the atrocious Oline and horrific offense 6 years and counting will keep the top skill players away via the portal or recruiting.

Did we get any assistant coaches from Oklahoma? No transfers.

So far the Beamer OU connection has not resulted in much

Totally agree. This one statement in the article stood out above all else: "And his No. 1 goal is to be a first-round pick one day, so he will do what’s best in the end so he can achieve that goal."

If that is his #1 goal, then we don't have a snowball's chance in Hell.
Malik Willis, Liberty QB, is a projected top-10 pick. Some mock drafts have him number 1 overall. Maybe Rattler will play for Hugh Freeze.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT