ADVERTISEMENT

Taters vs Bama rematch in title game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely their success will make us better. At least it should.

Yep. One day we will realize results is what matters. One day we will get sick of Clemson competing at the highest level and we will demand excellence too. It will take changes at the top which will take years though

Don't know if bama can score enough. Hurts looks very unsure of himself. If bama can't run then they will lose.

It's rumored Chip Kelly is taking a year off after he gets fired on Monday morning (his father just passed earlier in December). Would be the home run hire we need, and I doubt the guy will ever get a job in the NFL again. I say lock him down, give him the money he wants and the power, and let him solidify his legacy in football by making South Carolina into a true contender.

Wait. You want to fire the guy you literally just hired and who took you to a bowl game with a depleted roster. Seems legit.....

Don't know if bama can score enough. Hurts looks very unsure of himself. If bama can't run then they will lose.
Bama has to get to 17-20 points to win. Watson may throw a couple picks but you're right, if Bama can't run the ball the taters could pull it out.

They came out ahead, because we played in the SEC. I think that we all realize that playing in the SEC is a double edged sword. It's the hardest conference to win, even when it's down. Sure, if you can compete favorably in the SEC, it will help build your reputation. But you have to go through Bama, LSU or Auburn to win it. Not an easy task.
Agree 100%. I started a thread on that at some point... essentially that Dabo was golden once he started recruiting well because there are four or five conference wins and two more small non-conference schools every year that are just wins, no matter what. Clemson might be the best football job in the U.S.

It's not just recruiting that has them where they are. Ohio State recruits lights out too and they got beat by 31 tonight. I don't know how to fully explain it to y'all. Let's just put it like this, take the Thornwell suspension, if DRad had tried to pull some crap like that up there he'd be washing trays at the local Arby's that afternoon. Their athletic director doesn't run jack crap up there, he's just a water carrier. The president doesn't even have a say in anything, he stays behind the curtain and keeps his mouth shut. They don't have a BOT that are in it for themselves, they're in it for Clemson. There really are powers that be at that school that pull the strings that will tell the president and athletic director to go to hell if they decide to. And they'll like it.
This is 100% the truth. It is, and has always been, the difference between USC and Clemson.

Um no. 25% of his attempts have been behind the LOS, 24% have been in the 0-5 yard range and 51% have been 6 yards or longer. Also 28 of his 37 passing TDs(before tonight) have been 6 yards or longer.

You posted completely different numbers in another thread several days ago. I believe you said 128 out of his 329 completions were behind the line of scrimmage. I'm no mathematician, but that's more than 25%.

Reactions: gamecockblack

I don't know that Clemson can stop Scarborough. I also think that if Watson throws interceptions Bama might take one to the house.

I don't know that Clemson can stop Scarborough. I also think that if Watson throws interceptions Bama might take one to the house.
Boy would I love to see Bo run Boulware clean the hell over on the way to the house. Bama will try to overpower the taters with their running game while the taters will use misdirection & trickeration to move the ball. An interesting rematch for sure.

Reactions: SCGamecocks29510
Boy would I love to see Bo run Boulware clean the hell over on the way to the house. Bama will try to overpower the taters with their running game while the taters will use misdirection & trickeration to move the ball. An interesting rematch for sure.

I fear that Clemson will win. But, if I have to put my money on the game, I'd pick Alabama to win.

Clemson does the same thing and no one is smart enough to stop those short outside passes. 75% of the time Watson throws are no more than 2 yards letting the receiver run for the rest. They also flush out Renfro on the flat with no one covering him. Let's hope Saban is smart enough the second time to not let Watson burn them.

This is a retarded comment clearly hasn't watched any of Watson's pass attempts this year.

Bama s best corner got hurt few weeks ago. It has hurt their secondary. BUT bamas D is lots better than Ohio state and bama Also has an offense with a pulse. Ohio state does not. If n c state and oitt and Troy can basically out play taters why can't bama ?

Bama's best play is to run Scarborough to the left, behind Cam Robinson, out of the pistol. There's no Shaq Lawson to that side this year, so Boulware will have plenty of opportunities to make tackles.

Reactions: gamecockblack
You posted completely different numbers in another thread several days ago. I believe you said 128 out of his 329 completions were behind the line of scrimmage. I'm no mathematician, but that's more than 25%.

Sorry these percentages were based on number of attempts. Here is a chart that is up to date through the ACCCG. If you combine BLOS and 0-5 it comes our to 49% of his attempts. I am not sure where that stands on college because of the variety of offense that are run. If you compare it to NFL numbers its only a few percent higher. The average this past season for BLOS and 0-5 combined was around 42%.
Watson-by-Distance-2016-13-e1481580117366.jpg

If Alabama forces Watson to pass, the game won't be close. He was very close to throwing 4 INTs last night and his only TD pass was underthrown by about 5 yards. Very good athlete, but not a great passing QB. 3 picks against Bama and he will have 20 for the season.

Reactions: Nosmelcregit
If Alabama forces Watson to pass, the game won't be close. He was very close to throwing 4 INTs last night and his only TD pass was underthrown by about 5 yards. Very good athlete, but not a great passing QB. 3 picks against Bama and he will have 20 for the season.

Its true he has been baited a few times into some bad throws and tried to fit it in places he shouldnt have a few times. That being said a bunch of his INTs were not of his making. Leggett caught one and had it snatched out of his hand by the DB. He has had 3 or 4 batted up at the line and picked(I blame O line for those, gotta get those hands down). McCloud had one go through his hands(perfect throw) hit him in shoulder and bounce right into DBs hands. Not saying Watson isnt to blame for a good bit of his INTs but not all picks are the same and not all of them are bad decisions or bad throws.

I just want Klempson to lose to who ever they play. I admire that they to a 5 year beat down from us and turned that around, but them winning does not help USC. If anything it hurts USC. I think WM turns our program around, but it has nothing to do with Klempson winning.

I just want Klempson to lose to who ever they play. I admire that they to a 5 year beat down from us and turned that around, but them winning does not help USC. If anything it hurts USC. I think WM turns our program around, but it has nothing to do with Klempson winning.
Well to hear them tell it the reason we got a few of our recruits is because they are doing so well they couldn't take them. smh

Mythical?
myth·i·cal
ˈmiTHək(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: mythical
occurring in or characteristic of myths or folk tales.
"one of Denmark's greatest mythical heroes"
synonyms: legendary, mythological, fabled, fabulous, folkloric, fairy-tale, storybook;More
fantastical, imaginary, imagined, fictitious, storied
"mythical beasts"
Mickey Mouse. Spurious. Not genuine.

Last edited:
Obviously they aren't correlated, but if the taters beating Bama guaranteed us an SEC championship next year, I still wouldn't take that offer. The Taters winning a natty will be the worst thing for this state. I can already see the dumb speech dablow would give......

Everyone is obligated to be Bama fans through and through. The better the SEC, the more money the league makes, the more money we make. To pull against the SEC is choosing to take money from our school....period.

Wouldn't pull for Clemson if they were playing the USSR in 1985. Hope people with that mentality enjoy seeing the Clemson flag flying over the State House and Dabo yucking it up in the White House.

If the Taters luck up and beat Bama it won't do a damn thing for the State of SC, much less USC. You'll never hear the end of it. They're still talking about their 1981 mythical NC. I'll never pull for Clem in any game, period. Happy New Year!

Sometimes you just need to get over it...

My son is a Clemson Student and is a former Carolina student and Carolina fan.. You can be both...

You got to be kidding? Pull for the taters? Not even with a loaded orange howitzer pointed at my head could I succumb to such dumbness. We would have to hear it for the next 1000 years how great they are. I hope they get rolled 60-0. I don't believe that to be the score but I can wish.

2017 is year of the Rooster!

Reactions: gcobob
I can't think of ANY realistic scenario where I would/could pull for Clemson. Their fans are just plain HORRIBLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT