ADVERTISEMENT

The mob mentality against Beamer, his staff and our players is wrong...

CockSure

Nov 14, 2004
Conway, SC
When we were looking for a new head coach I didn't believe Beamer was the right man for the job and said so on this site. But once he was hired, I got behind him 100%. After he was hired and held a few news conferences and put out some encouraging multi-media posts, a lot pf posters on here started proclaiming that "Beamer gets it" and "Beamer has already turned our program around". Those opinions before he had even coached a game was ridiculous. I and a few other posters responded that encouraging words in a news conference and multi-media posts don't win football games. Just give it time and let's see the results on the field before we say he's turned the program around. FAST FORWARD TO TODAY, and there is a mob mentality on the board wanting to fire the entire staff after 6 games. The negative posts (and even some hate) being shown toward our coaches and players is just as ridiculous as the posters praising Beamer before the season started. The majority opinion on this board changes with the wind, which has always been the case.

Put things into perspective... Beamer has inherited a program that is a hot mess. He's a first time head coach and he had to assemble a staff on the fly. And he doesn't yet have the players he needs to compete in the SEC. Muschamp didn't leave the cupboard completely bare, but he sure as heck didn't leave Beamer enough talent to compete in the SEC. Beamer needs time to turn this program around. We are 3-3 and have beat who we should have beat and lost when we were underdogs. That's not terrible. Beamer and this staff need time to recruit players and develop players. Give him a reasonable amount of time before you declare him totally incompetent and kick him to the curb. Again, I didn't believe he was the best hire. But he is our head coach and I'm supporting him 100% and giving him an opportunity to build a winning program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News