ADVERTISEMENT

The Sugar Bowl and SEC = Total Disrespect

colalex

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
So ABC/ESPN has control. They want all of America to focus on the "granddaddy of them all". Instead of scheduling the Sugar Bowl for 6 or 7pm (which would allow some space and viewership for both)....they make sure the only option for college football fans is the rose bowl (small caps intentional). Some team from the left coast vs some team from the mid-west. They are in charge. We have no choice. Personally, my CF watching is over for the day. Normally one of the best days of all to see different teams you may not have seen before. The Sugar Bowl - the great SEC reward game and an honor regardless of the playoff situation is set to be shown in the middle of the damn night. I am pissed. If both games ran at about the same time I would flip between both - now I have no choice. I will not be force fed the ABC/ESPN soylent green. I wish UGA well - guess I will read about it online while I make breakfast because like most people I have to get up and go to WORK in the morning. Whoever is playing on the left coast in the "granddaddy of them all" - whatever.

I pray the SEC bosses see this as a big of a slight and control move as I do. We do not need to sell the soul of the SEC to the Yankee boys in Bristol...we need to maintain separation and some form of control. Otherwise, we will simply become some commodity to be traded and used by TV bosses who will have total control of college football. At least before CBS was in the game now there is one player. I say we set up our own production company and sell the rights to each game to a network or pay for view. Screw clempson and screw ABC/ESPN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News