ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Caslen situation...

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
On Monday night, WISTV's Judi Gatson spoke with university president Bob Caslen, who said that if the school's Board of Trustees had lost confidence in him that he was "willing to submit" his resignation. You can watch Gatson's interview with Caslen here.

Earlier today, The Post and Courier reported that Caslen had resigned over the weekend and that it was not accepted.

“If the Board feels that I cannot provide leadership for the institution, I have offered my resignation," Caslen told the outlet in a statement.

Gatson clarified today - via a university spokesman - that Caslen's communications regarding stepping down was a verbal offer to resign, should the Board deem confidence had been lost.

In doing some checking on this, there is a bit of a distinction to be drawn. Per my understanding, it's not as if Caslen walked into an office, submitted a resignation letter, and had that denied. Rather, it appears that there's going to be further discussion on this prior to the course of action being drawn.

The Board of Trustees is restricted by certain procedures it must follow when it comes to setting meetings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News