ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: 2017 starting lineup

gamecockblack

Jun 25, 2015
Columbia
So guys just passing the time on a Sunday afternoon looking at the roster next season, & also seeing how Grissett had a big growth spurt over the last year, what will our starting 5 now look like? It appears that we'll be even bigger.

I am assuming that A'ja (6'5") & Jennings (6'3") will be our starting front court. That will likely be the best front court in the SEC. Then you have Harris (5'10") starting & BCM (5'6") will likely start again also. If that's the case we will only have to fill one starting roll. I think Cliney at 6' would fill that spot nicely as she'll be our defensive stopper who will guard the opposing team's best guard.

Dawn could opt to start Grissett at SF who is now no less than (6'3") but unless she has good foot speed that lineup may be too big.

Either way we should all be pretty optimistic about next year's team. This is the way I see Dawn shaking things up:

Wilson (6'5")
Jennings (6'3")
Cliney (6')
BCM (5'6")
Harris (5'10")

Reserves:

Williams (6'4")
HH (6'2")
Grissett (6'3")
Jackson (6')
Spann (5'6)

Now that UT has lost a couple star players I'd put our starting group up against anyone in the SEC with our 2nd unit probably being the best in the SEC also. What I'm ALSO excited about is our backup front court. Williams & HH. We can assume HH will improve from last year & Williams moves very well for her size. We will definitely have more depth in the post which is a good thing.

But how do you guys see our starting lineup shaking up? Grissett, Jackson or Cliney in the starting group? Does BCM go back to coming off the bench sometimes? Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News