ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: SC vs Clemson Thread

A much better 2nd half. I think the tight calls by the refs ruined the flow of the first half of the game. A 30 point win and now we've tied the all time record with Clemson too. We need to clean up the turnovers and this team can be something special.

Certainly a lot to work on from the first quarter. We need to play smarter. Almost all of the players on the team are scorers and good defenders. Not many games so far but I can see them get in their roles. Amihere still will get better which should be scary for the other teams. Looks like they will go undefeated. 🏀

Why don’t they play Feagin more?
Because we have Boston, Amihere, Cardoso and Saxton. I was impressed with what I saw in this game from her and she could seriously steal some minutes if she continues this trajectory. But one thing we don't know, is if she's as effective against the starters of the opposing teams like she has been against their end of the bench players.

Obviously a lot of posters didn't care for all the fouls called, but that's absolutely what we want. For the game to turn into a foul-fest is the best way to maximize our post depth. Obviously we don't want our guards to get in foul trouble, but we have a ridiculous amount of long, athletic players. We will win a war of attrition in the post. I like Dawn creatively using Amihere at guard; that's one way to get our bigs more playing time. Feagin could start for most teams.

As much as I hate everything Clemson. 105.5 was talking about how Amanda Butler is the kind of coach that could beat South Carolina. I want Dawn Staley to keep her foot on Clemson's neck and get us a 25 point win.
You got your wish Carolina won by 31
Yep! Both teams needed that media timeout.

I could be mistaken but, I don't think Rivers is dressed out.

Reactions: mavcock
Obviously a lot of posters didn't care for all the fouls called, but that's absolutely what we want. For the game to turn into a foul-fest is the best way to maximize our post depth. Obviously we don't want our guards to get in foul trouble, but we have a ridiculous amount of long, athletic players. We will win a war of attrition in the post. I like Dawn creatively using Amihere at guard; that's one way to get our bigs more playing time. Feagin could start for most teams.
Not the kind of fouls they were calling. It was awfully ticky-tack.
And I've never seen refs explain their calls as much as they were tonight to Butler.

Reactions: mavcock
Certainly a lot to work on from the first quarter. We need to play smarter. Almost all of the players on the team are scorers and good defenders. Not many games so far but I can see them get in their roles. Amihere still will get better which should be scary for the other teams. Looks like they will go undefeated. 🏀
Undefeated? They still play Oregon, UConn, Stanford and Md., plus Duke (rising fast under new coach) as well as a full SEC slate. Maybe UConn twice. Any team with Buekers on it I don’t bet against. Hope S.C. plays so well in those games.

Undefeated? They still play Oregon, UConn, Stanford and Md., plus Duke (rising fast under new coach) as well as a full SEC slate. Maybe UConn twice. Any team with Buekers on it I don’t bet against. Hope S.C. plays so well in those games.
So far, USC is favored in all those games. Number 1 and all. I don’t bet so we’ll just see what happens.

The Tater coach just didn't appear to coach as much as she talked at players. Dawn brings them over and instructs them one on one. Butler just directed a rant at the bench.

Undefeated? I agree with your doubts.

as to UConn, I’ll happily settle for 2 outta’ 3 so long as one of the two wins is the last game played.

Reactions: vacock#
If they don't put the pressure D on Buekers that would be a grevious error. Shut her down, you shut UCONN down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT