ADVERTISEMENT

We did not right by Parker

Garnetmagic2001

Dec 9, 2001
No reason to go for a meaningless touchdown when Parker is four points away from the school record. Let them kick the chip shot field goal since you didn’t give them a chance to get on the field otherwise.

Reactions: msc1992
Personally, I would’ve been embarrassed if we kicked the FG. Even if it was for Parker, it also would’ve been just to avoid a shutout.

I’m already embarrassed. But kicking a FG down 30 would’ve been “c’mon man” embarrassing. You just don’t do that. Maybe Muschamp would…but again.

Personally, I would’ve been embarrassed if we kicked the FG. Even if it was for Parker, it also would’ve been just to avoid a shutout.

I’m already embarrassed. But kicking a FG down 30 would’ve been “c’mon man” embarrassing. You just don’t do that. Maybe Muschamp would…but again.
There were 5 seconds left in the game. If a running back had 998 yards DonYou pass or give him the ball with 5
Seconds left getting beat 30-0?

No reason to go for a meaningless touchdown when Parker is four points away from the school record. Let them kick the chip shot field goal since you didn’t give them a chance to get on the field otherwise.
He will get his chance in a bowl game I hope. No problem at the end for me.

Reactions: cockymom2boys
To put it another way, is it fair to the guy who owns the record he's chasing to send your kicker out there to kick a meaningless FG just to break the record? No charity points.

I have no problem going for the TD.

Reactions: dieharduscfan84
It was Parker White's last chance to step foot on the field against his rival. It might have been a cop out in terms of avoiding the shutout, but not in terms of saying thank you to a senior that stuck it out through adversity. Dude struggled early on and came back to be the ****ing Ice Man. Dude was epitome of a FIGHTING Gamecock.

Completely agree. Just not appropriate for the situation.

If we were inside the 5 or 10 yard or something, fine go for the Td. But on the 25? Nah. kick it and avoid the embarrassing shutout and reward the former walk-on.
That very same decision by former UNC coach Dick Crum - in a game versus LSU - to kick a short field goal late to avoid a shut-out, was followed soon after by the coach's firing. Their fans were livid, and rightly so. Other things went into it, but that was the straw that broke the camel's back. In this instance, I'm glad Beamer did what he did.

The last time I was in Williams Brice Muschamp ran the ball up the middle on 3rd and long just to kick a field goal. Down big to Clemson. I immediately walked out and have never been back. That was when I realized we had a losing football program unwilling to do what it takes to win. I have no problem with Beamer not kicking. Maybe he is trying to build a winner.

While I understand trying to avoid the shutout, and all about Parker's getting the record, it would be like farting in a whirlwind. USELESS! That is not the mindset I think Beamer is trying to build. He doesn't want any morale victories and made a statement to that effect. Parker is part of a team and that team played badly. If they had played great and lost it would have been different, but this was a total team loss and Beamer made the correct decision. JMHO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT