ADVERTISEMENT

We need a stud running back. I think one is already on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bantam#

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2001
Pine Ridge, South Carolina
Dakereon Joyner. 6"1" and 212lbs. Vision, speed, quickness, strength, and burst. In two years we will have two guys in the QB room that have much better throwing skills than he has. We can put together packages for him at the QB position, but that will not keep him at Carolina if he is 3rd on the depth chart. Those same packages can be used while he holds down the #1 slot in he running backs room. His talents are so similar to Syvelle Newton's. Newton finally ended up at running back after trying, QB, WR, and even LB. In my opinion (which counts for nothing) Joyner is a 3* QB, a 4* RB, and a 5* athlete. He has the raw talent to become a 5* RB, but unless his accuracy, arm strength, and tendency to jump the pocket too soon get some major corrections, he will always be a 3* QB, with some wow plays thrown into the mix. Ultimately the decision is his to make. But just for an eye opener I would rep him at running back some now and during the spring. He will get a good measure of himself compared to Helinski at the QB position this spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News