ADVERTISEMENT

We never fought back against Clemson.

fowl_mood

Gold Member
Oct 28, 1998
Something was missing tonight that's been there in wins like Auburn and Florida, our other wins, our second half at Tennessee, even Kentucky.

As a Beamer guy, this was the most dissapointing aspect of a season where I thought we had generally overachieved. If you are going to win here though, even with better talent one day, you have to go out and play with passion every game, every half. We did not do that at times this year, and did not show up Saturday against a superior hated rival.

Beamer apologized in his presser for his team's performance. I hope that was not just coach speak and balm for the masses. He's not one to say anything tough or stern about individuals.

Perhaps he's one whose actions, however, will reflect his dissapointment.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Then went on to say that he was going to have a sit down with Ray Tanner and some other guy about options to improve after being asked about staff changes…. My only message to Beamer is good luck. Tanner seems very comfortable with a mediocre program.

Last edited:
Something was missing tonight that's been there in wins like Auburn and Florida, our other wins, our second half at Tennessee, even Kentucky.

As a Beamer guy, this was the most dissapointing aspect of a season where I thought we had generally overachieved. If you are going to win here though, even with better talent one day, you have to go out and play with passion every game, every half. We did not do that at times this year, and did not show up Saturday against a superior hated rival.

Beamer apologized in his presser for his team's performance. I hope that was not just coach speak and balm for the masses. He's not one to say anything tough or stern about individuals.

Perhaps he's one whose actions, however, will reflect his dissapointment.
He's had no problem doing it with Brown all season

Reactions: kidrobinski
Then went on to say that he was going to have a sit down with Ray Tanner and some other guy about options to improve after being asked about staff changes…. My only message to Beamer is good luck. Tanner seems very comfortable with a mediocre program.
Never said this before to anyone on here...but you're an idiot. If there is one thing Tanner is known for is giving his coaches what they feel they need to be successful. If Beamer wants a new coach, Tanner will, without a doubt, get it worked out with the BOT.

Never said this before to anyone on here...but you're an idiot. If there is one thing Tanner is known for is giving his coaches what they feel they need to be successful. If Beamer wants a new coach, Tanner will, without a doubt, get it worked out with the BOT.
Another Tanner Fan. Why don't You and Tanner Retire Somewhere Else. Let's put Someone in Charge Who Really Cares About Winning and Not just Someone Who Meets Budget Goals and Selling Tickets.

Holtz and Spurrier showed What Can Be Accomplished Here.
Tanner is more Committed To Woman's Basketball than our Over All Athletic Program.
Some of our Fan Base Actually Believes with the Right Staff We can Be Successful.

Satterfield is on over his head.

Reactions: drawplay000
Another Tanner Fan. Why don't You and Tanner Retire Somewhere Else. Let's put Someone in Charge Who Really Cares About Winning and Not just Someone Who Meets Budget Goals and Selling Tickets.

Holtz and Spurrier showed What Can Be Accomplished Here.
Tanner is more Committed To Woman's Basketball than our Over All Athletic Program.
Some of our Fan Base Actually Believes with the Right Staff We can Be Successful.

Satterfield is on over his head.
Tanner has given us the facilities to compete with the rest of the SEC and other programs, he also took us out of the danger of losing scholarships due to our student-athlete academic rankings (which were bad). He also has run a program that hasn't had to cut a single sport unlike the majority of other schools (even if our own conference). He's done what he was hired to do. Holtz and Spurrier were hired by McGee who was one of the ADs that allowed our facilities to get so far behind everyone else. Satterfield is in over his head and with the right staff we can be successful. That is easier said than done...AND YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE FACILITIES TO DO IT. Ask UF's AD how easy it is to select a winning football coach....and that is at a school with a helluva lot more history than we have.

One thing Beamer can learn from Dabo. Dabo had a short leash on coordinators that didn’t cut it. He made a change quickly. Satterfield is in over his head and should be let go immediately

Last edited:
Reactions: Robhawk29
I read through several different fan forums for different teams. This is the only place I routinely see where fans want the AD's head after every loss.

One thing Beamer can learn from Dabo. Dabo had a short leash on coordinators that didn’t cut it. He made a change quickly. Satterfield is in over his head and should be let go immediately

We need to make a change, but not because of this game.

That idiotic comment tells me all I need to know about you.

If you knew anything at all about Ray Tanner, you’d know first off that he hates losing.
Is that you Ray? Take it easy. The disastrous decisions you made with Muschump destroyed the football program. You need to go.

Tanner will never shake the ghost of Muschamp until the team gets much better. It wasn't a good hire or contract and it set the program back significantly. Whether it's fair or not, that's just the situation.

For those calling for a new offensive coordinator, do you not remember how hard it was for Beamer to hire one in the 1st place ? He chose Bobo because no one else wanted it and settled for Satterfield after Bobo left ! A better coordinator will not come cheap and you have already went cheap on the whole staff . What did you expect ? Tonite Clemson came in well prepared , well coached , and stuck with the game plan. Experience coaching showed tonite from a veteran staff .

Reactions: kidrobinski
Well said and he is certainly has a part in that mediocrity

• Haha
Reactions: ehipp2
He hasn't been tough it stern. He complimented him in progressing and doing what was asked of him. The rumors and innuendo that came out about how he needed to improve before wasn't from Beamer
He was nothing but complimentary when it came to Luke and Zeb. With Brown, it's always a laundry list of what he's done wrong. And with Satterfield, he's been nothing but defensive.

He was nothing but complimentary when it came to Luke and Zeb. With Brown, it's always a laundry list of what he's done wrong. And with Satterfield, he's been nothing but defensive.
When has he named a laundry list? He said he was pressing at the half and he needed to play within himself and he said Brown developed a lot and put in the work and got in a position to contribute. If you don't think he was making bad decisions then go back and rewatch the first half. He has said that Doty makes the best decisions, he said the other QBs needed to step up. If you're claiming he has a bias against him, that's something you're assuming and interpreting everything in that light, which makes it your bias. Every rumor about Brown was that he made bad decisions and we saw it last night. The closest Beamer's really come were some very tamed comments in response to the legion of idiots that decided a few good reps in the spring game proved he should've been starting the whole time. And those comments ultimately just amount to he's not ready to start and Beamer hasn't said that since before the bye

I found it somewhat troubling that Beamer seemed to suggest his higher ups will determine what changes need to be made. At least that's the impression got with his response.

Last edited:
When has he named a laundry list? He said he was pressing at the half and he needed to play within himself and he said Brown developed a lot and put in the work and got in a position to contribute. If you don't think he was making bad decisions then go back and rewatch the first half. He has said that Doty makes the best decisions, he said the other QBs needed to step up. If you're claiming he has a bias against him, that's something you're assuming and interpreting everything in that light, which makes it your bias. Every rumor about Brown was that he made bad decisions and we saw it last night. The closest Beamer's really come were some very tamed comments in response to the legion of idiots that decided a few good reps in the spring game proved he should've been starting the whole time. And those comments ultimately just amount to he's not ready to start and Beamer hasn't said that since before the bye
I'm not talking about just last night. As I've said REPEATEDLY, the kid's far from perfect. But he's played better than Luke and our GA (that was in no better playing shape than Brown was). Neither one of those two would've done any better last night.

And if the coaching staff honestly believe that Brown was a legit 3rd stringer, then why keep putting the game on his arm instead of at least TRYING what's actually been working a little?

You can try and defend these coaches all you want, but the results don't lie.

I'm not talking about just last night. As I've said REPEATEDLY, the kid's far from perfect. But he's played better than Luke and our GA (that was in no better playing shape than Brown was). Neither one of those two would've done any better last night.

And if the coaching staff honestly believe that Brown was a legit 3rd stringer, then why keep putting the game on his arm instead of at least TRYING what's actually been working a little?

You can try and defend these coaches all you want, but the results don't lie.
He was third stringer, all reports are that he's grown since getting here, he was the best option as far as we knew but he didn't get it done and Noland had a better completion percentage, same yards per completion and didn't throw any interceptions even though the Clemson knew that was what was coming by the time he was in. The biggest mistake last night was leaving Brown in when he was making literally no good decisions.

He was third stringer, all reports are that he's grown since getting here, he was the best option as far as we knew but he didn't get it done and Noland had a better completion percentage, same yards per completion and didn't throw any interceptions even though the Clemson knew that was what was coming by the time he was in. The biggest mistake last night was leaving Brown in when he was making literally no good decisions.
You keep believing everything this staff feeds you. Enjoy it when nothing changes on offense.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Difference being I never felt the need to question your motivation or rational in regards to disagreeing with me, I'm secure enough to believe your simply and honestly wrong. If you can't give someone else credit while on disagreement with them it reflects poorly on your ego and it certainly wouldn't suggest much for your kind either. You're like some imbittered radical leftist unable to perceive if someone honestly disagreeing with them and throwing out "racist dog whistle."

• Haha
Reactions: Legendary Cock
Tanner has given us the facilities to compete with the rest of the SEC and other programs, he also took us out of the danger of losing scholarships due to our student-athlete academic rankings (which were bad). He also has run a program that hasn't had to cut a single sport unlike the majority of other schools (even if our own conference). He's done what he was hired to do. Holtz and Spurrier were hired by McGee who was one of the ADs that allowed our facilities to get so far behind everyone else. Satterfield is in over his head and with the right staff we can be successful. That is easier said than done...AND YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE FACILITIES TO DO IT. Ask UF's AD how easy it is to select a winning football coach....and that is at a school with a helluva lot more history than we have.
OK I respect your perspective. Especially in the professional manner you presented it.
Losing to Clemson in the manner we did has been hard to take for all of us.

Reactions: rogue cock
….Tonite Clemson came in well prepared , well coached , and stuck with the game plan. Experience coaching showed tonite from a veteran staff .
In contrast, PARTICULARLY given the magnitude of this particular opponent at this particular point in our perceived trajectories, we came in shockingly unprepared and if we even HAD a game plan, it sucked. Trotting out the GA who is not only a proven ineffective qb but is not even going to be a player next year to run the same dumba$$ plays we had already been trying was a spectacularly stupid move IMO, not only because it in effect raised the white flag but in effect threw up the staff’s middle finger to the qb that had energized the offense since he came in this season. It was just a bad, Sparky Woods-ish type look to me, not because I’ve been vocal in my belief that Brown has the better tools among our qbs, but because it gave the projection that we’re amateurs with no clue what we’re doing.

In contrast, PARTICULARLY given the magnitude of this particular opponent at this particular point in our perceived trajectories, we came in shockingly unprepared and if we even HAD a game plan, it sucked. Trotting out the GA who is not only a proven ineffective qb but is not even going to be a player next year to run the same dumba$$ plays we had already been trying was a spectacularly stupid move IMO, not only because it in effect raised the white flag but in effect threw up the staff’s middle finger to the qb that had energized the offense since he came in this season. It was just a bad, Sparky Woods-ish type look to me, not because I’ve been vocal in my belief that Brown has the better tools among our qbs, but because it gave the projection that we’re amateurs with no clue what we’re doing.
This is idiotic. Bringing in a new QB was not waving a white flag. It was an attempt to do something different and try to win.

Reactions: rogue cock
To the Ray Tanner defender(s):

He's an unmitigated, categorical disaster as an athletic director. On this there is zero debate. He's cost the school tens of millions of dollars with his gaffes. Far more when one considers the opportunity cost of hiring such a poor head coach as Will Muschamp.

By defending the current AD, you're likely either Ray Tanner himself, a relative, or a complete idiot.

This is idiotic. Bringing in a new QB was not waving a white flag. It was an attempt to do something different and try to win.
Nah, we disagree there. Put in Gauthier, see what he’s got, but put in Noland down 20 against Clemson late in the game, and then run the same plays you’ve been running with a qb that’s repeatedly demonstrated an empty gun?? It would have been more chance of profit to stick in some new wide receivers that were actually willing to go get a ball, instead of sticking Noland in and trying to run a halfback pass from Quan. Wutevs folks; carry on.

Nah, we disagree there. Put in Gauthier, see what he’s got, but put in Noland down 20 against Clemson late in the game, and then run the same plays you’ve been running with a qb that’s repeatedly demonstrated an empty gun?? It would have been more chance of profit to stick in some new wide receivers that were actually willing to go get a ball, instead of sticking Noland in and trying to run a halfback pass from Quan. Wutevs folks; carry on.
As if we didn't have enough evidence you were just here to troll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT