ADVERTISEMENT

Well, after last night I can only conclude...

searooster

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2011
...we truly have the most emotionally fragile fan base in America. Shane Beamer and Co. playing an inaugural season with a limited recruiting advantage against an established (9 years of recruiting advantages and coaching to schemes) gave that team all it could handle and competed for 4 quarters. Hard to imagine what some were thinking when they unthinkingly put a "W" next.to this game in their preseason predictions, but there was no reason to assume that we were the clearly superior program at this stage of our rebuild. WE had no reason to assume that we could line up and impose our will on any team not named Eastern Illinois in 2021. I'm as frustrated as anyone with last night's loss because we could have won but we didn't . Let the season play out, continue to recruit and evaluate any coordinator changes at season's end. I believe we have a smart and capable head coach committed to winning, but there's a reason new coaches are signed to 5 year contracts when they are hired. Enjoy the growing process and if you cant do that, go fishing or hunting until baseball season, possibly basketball.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News