ADVERTISEMENT

What do you hope to see in the first game?

jonesz21

Aug 9, 2005
1. No mention of our players sucking wind before halftime like last year.
2. A true threat at kick Returner
3. DE's putting pressure on the QB.
4. Wilds and Williams with solid performances and 150+ yards between them
5. Mitch throws for 150+
6. Improvement in tackling

Reactions: SwampFox99
1. No mention of our players sucking wind before halftime like last year.
2. A true threat at kick Returner
3. DE's putting pressure on the QB.
4. Wilds and Williams with solid performances and 150+ yards between them
5. Mitch throws for 150+
6. Improvement in tackling
All of the above plus a convincing win. 3,4 and 6 is a must or we won't win. We will have to run the ball and eat clock to keep their O off the field and make tackles in space because they are going to spread us out.

I think I'm more concerned about what UNC does NOT do versus what we do. I believe in order for us to have a chance to win, we have to be able to stop a pretty strong and experienced offense. Yes, we have to score, but I'm not confident in our ability to score quickly and often in an offensive game.

The Spurrier of old calling the plays, creating mismatches with our receivers vs their linebackers, and attacking the obvious weaknesses on a less than stellar defense.

I *hope* to see (in order):

- A win
- A dominant line presence on both the O and D sides of the ball
- Competent reads and check-downs from the QB(s)
- Proper knowledge of assignments
- Form tackling
- Lack of mental mistakes (e.g. stupid penalties, substitution errors, down and distance)

While I'd like to see much incorporated in the posts above, special teams tend to take a bit of time to develop.

I want to see Connor play lights out. 25-30, no ints, 300 yds. I hope to see a Hoke dominating defense. I saw in another thread that Ward is being paid $850,000 annually. Hmmm......

In short
DON'T COME OUT AND PLAY FLAT, UNINSPIRED football, like we usually do in our 1st game
better defensive play overall - at every position
decent qb play - just don't give the game away with rookie mistakes
a couple new WR's step up
better defensive scheme - why is ward even on the sideline still?
spurrier calling plays that aren't so predictable

If we get that out of the first game, I will be satisfied.

I *hope* to see (in order):

- A win
- A dominant line presence on both the O and D sides of the ball
- Competent reads and check-downs from the QB(s)
- Proper knowledge of assignments
- Form tackling
- Lack of mental mistakes (e.g. stupid penalties, substitution errors, down and distance)

While I'd like to see much incorporated in the posts above, special teams tend to take a bit of time to develop.
Agree with this post- but I think we will see some mental mistakes- 1st games can be a bit sloppy But hope not.

drawj20 covered it well for me.
Mine in order of importance is..
A Win
Mitch looking confident and skilled
A defense that is not pointing and trying to figure out how to line up during every other snap. One that knows it's assignments.
A dominant OL for a change.
Pressure from our front 4 on defense.

drawj20 covered it well for me.
Mine in order of importance is..
A Win
Mitch looking confident and skilled
A defense that is not pointing and trying to figure out how to line up during every other snap. One that knows it's assignments.
A dominant OL for a change.
Pressure from our front 4 on defense.

man, how much would pressure from the front 4 had changed things last year? good one

I will be satisfied with just a win. We spent most of last year thinking we were far better than we really were. Is UNC going to compete for the NC? No. But they aren't bad. And without a win of any type in this game, I could see things spinning out of control and maybe being lucky to even qualify for a bowl.

"I will be satisfied with just a win. We spent most of last year thinking we were far better than we really were. Is UNC going to compete for the NC? No. But they aren't bad. And without a win of any type in this game, I could see things spinning out of control and maybe being lucky to even qualify for a bowl."

Mox94- I am going to have to disagree with you on your second sentence. I have to believe our team did not leave the locker room after the Texas A&M 52-28 debacle thinking we were better than we really were. Maybe after beating ECU, UGA, and Vandy we started feeling like things will work out, but that is just a 3 game period. Following that we lose 4 of 5 (beat Furman).

I want to see a different performance from what we saw in the first game last year.

My main concern is the conditioning we will see..... our S&C has been on a slow downhill slide since Coach Fitz left. Most everything else, for the most part, will depend on this. We sucked eggs last year!

A well coached and conditioned team that will play hard for four quarters.

A win...an all around complete game. I would like to feel positive going into the season and this game will set the tone.

True. I'll take a 1 point victory in every game this year, regardless of how ugly it is. Although I do want to see our defense grow a pair & play with passion for 4 quarters.

I want too see the defense being aggressive and using the fundamentals that we lacked the past few years. No more getting pushed off the ball 5 yards on the line and show some mean streak and attitude!!!
On the Offensive side I want too see some good line play and a good play calling and execution of said plays called!!
God Im ready for some Football!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT