ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to all of the

Let's just hope that Shane has won 70% of his games through Year 3 of his program here as Chadwell has done through Year 3 of his program at Coastal Carolina. Hell, I'd be giddy if Shane won 65% of his games through Year 2 as Lane Kiffin has done at Ole Miss.
If we go 5-7 this year, which is likely, that means to get to 65% through 2 years, he will have to win 10.6 games next year. I think everyone would be giddy.

If Vegas put a futures bet up for Chadwell/Beamer, literally nobody in the nation outside of Shane's family and a very few message board loons would put their money on Beamer. The rest of the nation would laugh out loud at the comparison.

Chadwell won't have any problem recruiting to an innovative offensive system while our guy is already out there having to try to explain away his putrid assembly of an offensive staff. His DC learned in part from Ellis Johnson, so I think he's got good stock there. I don't really care about Coastal that much either way, but there's no question that Chadwell has earned a reputation as a guy who can be trusted to build a program and put an exciting product that wins out on the field.

Not sure how anyone can attempt to mock Chadwell who has done it the right way and earned his way up the ladder without the benefit of a famous last name.

If Vegas put a futures bet up for Chadwell/Beamer, literally nobody in the nation outside of Shane's family and a very few message board loons would put their money on Beamer. The rest of the nation would laugh out loud at the comparison.

Chadwell won't have any problem recruiting to an innovative offensive system while our guy is already out there having to try to explain away his putrid assembly of an offensive staff. His DC learned in part from Ellis Johnson, so I think he's got good stock there. I don't really care about Coastal that much either way, but there's no question that Chadwell has earned a reputation as a guy who can be trusted to build a program and put an exciting product that wins out on the field.

Not sure how anyone can attempt to mock Chadwell who has done it the right way and earned his way up the ladder without the benefit of a famous last name.
The right way? Sun Belt? Suspended? Got beat by a coach we let go? Chadwell is Sparky Woods. Thats how I mock

Reactions: PC31
The right way? Sun Belt? Suspended? Got beat by a coach we let go? Chadwell is Sparky Woods. Thats how I mock
lol we play in the SEC don't cry to me about suspensions.

If Chadwell is Sparky Woods, then Shane must be Richard Bell.

Seriously, man...our first time head coach decided to stick around Norman to coach TEs in a meaningless bowl game, hired his groomsman buddy who btw has some demerits on his own permanent record to run a SCISA offense, and has looked completely clueless in 8 out of 9 FBS games this season while mouthing off to the fans. The fact that you are attempting to mock anyone else right now is pretty much the exact caricature other fanbases paint of us. Good lord have some self-awareness.

The great part of this story is Chadwell will have ample opportunity to go somewhere this year not named South Carolina. It will be fun to watch if he is the LSU-SoCal-Washington level or VT level or maybe the Wake level after VT hires their coach?
I know this.....some huge school will snap up that not so hidden gem this year. No chance he spends another year at Myrtle Beach.

Reactions: gamecock stock
We'll get to see what he (Chadwell) can do at a major program when VT hires him. Sit back and watch!

I’d be surprised if VT goes the mid major head coach route again. Usually schools don’t take the same chance after a failure. That’s is unless it’s a slam dunk - and Chadwell ain’t that.

He should get a chance somewhere though.

I’d be surprised if VT goes the mid major head coach route again. Usually schools don’t take the same chance after a failure. That’s is unless it’s a slam dunk - and Chadwell ain’t that.

He should get a chance somewhere though.
I was thinking this as well. It’s a gamble when you’re in such a precarious position already. They rolled the dice on a mid-major and it didn’t work out. Do it 2x in a row and you put the program in a huge hole.

lol we play in the SEC don't cry to me about suspensions.

If Chadwell is Sparky Woods, then Shane must be Richard Bell.

Seriously, man...our first time head coach decided to stick around Norman to coach TEs in a meaningless bowl game, hired his groomsman buddy who btw has some demerits on his own permanent record to run a SCISA offense, and has looked completely clueless in 8 out of 9 FBS games this season while mouthing off to the fans. The fact that you are attempting to mock anyone else right now is pretty much the exact caricature other fanbases paint of us. Good lord have some self-awareness.
Self awareness? You are the typical" fire the coach" Carolina fan that has been around too long. This is year 1. I repeat year 1 and the MAJORITY of our fan base didnt think we would win 3 games. We are at 5 wins with 2 games left, so yeah I'm gonna mock you and any other "Gamecock" fan posting about how we should have hired the next shiny new thing.

Reactions: WingchunCock
The great part of this story is Chadwell will have ample opportunity to go somewhere this year not named South Carolina. It will be fun to watch if he is the LSU-SoCal-Washington level or VT level or maybe the Wake level after VT hires their coach?
I know this.....some huge school will snap up that not so hidden gem this year. No chance he spends another year at Myrtle Beach.

He will get his shot this year, but I'd be stunned if programs the caliber of LSU or SoCal took him. VaTech is probably the right fit for him.

Reactions: PC31
Self awareness? You are the typical" fire the coach" Carolina fan that has been around too long. This is year 1. I repeat year 1 and the MAJORITY of our fan base didnt think we would win 3 games. We are at 5 wins with 2 games left, so yeah I'm gonna mock you and any other "Gamecock" fan posting about how we should have hired the next shiny new thing.
I mean you’re the fan who has to keep creating new usernames because your defense of Muschamp turned out to be wrong.

Reactions: jonesz21
I mean you’re the fan who has to keep creating new usernames because your defense of Muschamp turned out to be wrong.
Did not defend him buddy boy. You keep popping your chops on what Ive done but you cant back it up. Just like you said I was defending Beamer Sunday or some tired shit like that. Hit the search function and prove it or shut your pie hole.

Did not defend him buddy boy. You keep popping your chops on what Ive done but you cant back it up. Just like you said I was defending Beamer Sunday or some tired shit like that. Hit the search function and prove it or shut your pie hole.
Well yeah I can’t prove it because you literally created a new username to hide your mistakes.

Haha well as usual time is on our side not yours, when this experiments fails badly, as MOST in our athletic department do, you can disappear and wait on your next savior to take the reins. This won’t end well..

Reactions: uscwatson21
cat-back-and-forth.gif

Haha well as usual time is on our side not yours, when this experiments fails badly, as MOST in our athletic department do, you can disappear and wait on your next savior to take the reins. This won’t end well..
Be still your heart! You sound giddy with excitement. No way in hell you are a Gamecock fan.

I thought he’d be a nice hire, even though I didn’t know much about him until last year, but regardless of where he ends up, the notion he needs to keep moving up the HC chain when we did what we did is the thought process of most fans who have supported what we’ve put on the field for the better part of 125 years. A candidate doesn’t have to go undefeated for eternity to prove he’d be a good choice, but it’d be nice if we got a guy who has proven at some level he actually has run a program as a HBC, and whose teams seem to play smart football. I know one thing, if we’re going to cherry pick games, there hasn’t been a Gamecock team in almost a decade who could beat last year’s BYU so that’s something. I wouldn’t bet a $1 we could beat GSU or CCU right now

No way you're a Gamecock fan if you're cheering for us to not get better.
Never said that nor implied it. You however are on record as having us fail in year one of a coach. Year one, let that sink in and realize how stupid that sounds.

Never said that nor implied it. You however are on record as having us fail in year one of a coach. Year one, let that sink in and realize how stupid that sounds.
It isn't stupid when it's as obvious as it is in this case.

Stupidity is continuing on a path that is obvious isn't going to be successful. It's just digging yourself deeper in a hole.

Reactions: jonesz21

Stupidity is continuing on a path that is obvious isn't going to be successful. It's just digging yourself deeper in a hole.
I just can’t see a scenario where this staff (whole or otherwise) will be successful. Yes the program was in bad shape, but there is talent here, a $45 million split, still great facilities, and fans who have always come. I think there’s a reason Shane was a career assistant. He would be an outstanding recruiting coordinator, but there are head coaches who could’ve come in here and turned heads from day 1. Problem is finding them and then hiring them. This is way too big of an experiment, but we are stuck because we won’t pull an LSU or UDub.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Rankings? Better season? Subjective. But reality says they are playing in the Sun Belt and just got beat by Georgia State. At Home.
How quickly we forget our even worse embarrassing losses. I would trade Beamer for Caldwell any day.

Its stupid and you know it. 1 win away from a bowl game with a team that was left paralyzed by the former staff that won 2 games last year. No, it hasnt been pretty but a win is a win. You dont like Beamer so its easy for you to be ultra critical and not get behind this team and coaches. Stupid, incredibly stupid.

Reactions: WingchunCock
I just can’t see a scenario where this staff (whole or otherwise) will be successful. Yes the program was in bad shape, but there is talent here, a $45 million split, still great facilities, and fans who have always come. I think there’s a reason Shane was a career assistant. He would be an outstanding recruiting coordinator, but there are head coaches who could’ve come in here and turned heads from day 1. Problem is finding them and then hiring them. This is way too big of an experiment, but we are stuck because we won’t pull an LSU or UDub.
The selling point was that Beamer could assemble a powerful staff. He failed miserably on his first OC hire.

The only hope I saw for this staff was to come in and at least show an exciting offense to help in recruiting. If the staff can't recruit any game changers this class or in the portal we are in trouble next year. If we struggle in year two recruiting will be dead and we'll be stuck in a hole the staff just can't get out.

The first hires are so important in a risky hire like this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT